Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Jan. 29-Feb. 29, 2020

I have kind of given up counting because work has been hectic, but I have definitely been getting in 1/2- 3/4 hour a day, working on barn and shed decluttering now.

I have never counted. Purged more from the kitchen and clothes. I have another box for the thrift store.

I am so impressed with all the decluttering!! It can be a TON of work and feel so overwhelming at times. I see a ton of others have been on the de-clutter train so I just wanted to mention that my husband and I had an online yard sale and made close to $2000 selling a bunch of things we were just going to throw out anyways. It is such an easy thing to do.Much less work than a traditional yard sale in my opinion. We moved into an RV from a house so we had a lot to get rid of, but we didn't have as many years of build up as I am sure others do as we had only been married 4 years when we started to get rid of things. Would love to hear if anyone else has been able to make some decent money from the decluttering!
    Personal finance and budget travel blogger at Money and Mountains. My husband and I are living in an RV while he works remotely and I work as a traveling speech-language pathologist.

I did another hour today going through the boxes in my office. Surprise surprise, 98% of what was in the boxes went into the trash.

I had confessed before I had 18 boxes of clutter in my office (from a move 3 years ago, I never unpacked from). I'm now down to 14. In other words, progress is slow, but I'm still really happy I've begun.

New total for this batch of 40 hours: 14.5.

We decluttered our motor home. We had fun with it for 12 years but now with 2 little dogs I need motels). So happy it sold!

M&M: I recently made $350 selling stuff to an estate sale clean-out guy.
    EJ: Four boxes less, that is definitely progress!
    TT: Didn't know you had finally sold the motor home. Congratulations!
    After the clean-out guy and a recent trip to Savers, I am feeling pretty pleased. I currently have just a few outbound DVDs in my donation box.

Rosa, we had taken down the ads because it was winter. We started trying to sell it last August which was too late. So Thursday night I decided to put them up again because our weather has been in the 60’s. 2 sisters came and both were older and newly divorced and needed a place to live with their 3 small dogs. They loved it and we were asking 7 even though blue book was 10. They said they wished they could afford it but didn’t have 7k. I asked what they could afford and they said 5500. I said sold and they were so happy. 1500 is a lot of money when you are poor and it felt good. They came back with the money a hour later. We threw in everything we had used in it because I am done camping.

That's a good story, TT. Not only did you sell it, but it sounds like it is going to bring much happiness to those two sisters!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rosa, we had taken down the ads because it was winter. We started trying to sell it last August which was too late. So Thursday night I decided to put them up again because our weather has been in the 60’s. 2 sisters came and both were older and newly divorced and needed a place to live with their 3 small dogs. They loved it and we were asking 7 even though blue book was 10. They said they wished they could afford it but didn’t have 7k. I asked what they could afford and they said 5500. I said sold and they were so happy. 1500 is a lot of money when you are poor and it felt good. They came back with the money a hour later. We threw in everything we had used in it because I am done camping.
    Wow, a big decluttering AND a good deed. Win win.

So glad for the sisters and pooches!

Thread Information