Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Jan. 29-Feb. 29, 2020

So, my daughter and I spent 2 hours yesterday and today clearing out dead plants from our raised beds and putting in new plants. I'm counting this because we have a big backyard which should function as a "room" in our house (especially since we're in LA where we can be out there about 9 months of the year!) but which we rarely use because it's usually a total mess.

I'm definitely going to be put a lot of my decluttering/"making home nice" energy into both the front and back yards this summer, especially since those are the places where we can do some relatively safe, socially distanced entertaining. I had two friends over a few weeks ago, and we kept our Adirondack chairs eight feet apart and had a great time visiting.

New total: 30.5.

My daughter and I just did an hour in her bedroom. It looks so much better now that we went through the clutter on her bureau and dusted it off and vacuumed. There's still a lot to do. We need to go through her clothes and books and weed out what she's ready to get rid of, but this was a good start.

New total: 31.5.

Great progress echase!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Great progress echase!
    Thanks, Teacher Terry!

I finally finished reorganizing the laundry room today. I had begun before the stay-at-home orders but needed to have a storage cube put together. My brother did that for me today, so I finally set up the cube and drawers and arranged everything in them. And I had decluttered the cupboard in that room back in February, so that room is about 98% decluttered now. It feels so good - I keep walking in there just to stare at it.

I'm obviously not going to meet my goal of getting to 40 hours before the housekeeper comes tomorrow, but I'm feeling good about the baby steps I'm taking. Every little bit makes a difference. In addition to getting the laundry room set up, I loaded the car with some items to return tomorrow. I managed to do about 1.5 hours overall.

New total: 33.

EJ you are doing great! Baby steps really get things done! I like that you are counting the yard fix up, especially since you can use it for social events. I get how you love to go down and look at how nice things are in the laundry room. I do that, too.

EVERY task you complete makes a difference! Enjoy that yard

Thanks, nswef and Gardnr for the encouragement! It means a lot.

I actually got up at 5 this morning and did two more hours before the housekeeper arrived. This was her first day back after three months, so I really wanted to make sure to clear away any clutter that would get in her way.

After three months of not really being able to tackle the clutter at all, I'm so glad it's summer and I can finally focus on it!

New total: 35.

I eked out another hour today and did 30 minutes on Saturday with my daughter in the yard preparing for guests.

New total: 36.5.

Yay!

I will be selling my old washer and dryer. My kids bought a really expensive set 2 years ago and are now moving into a place with no hookups. I bought them so will get rid of the old ones. I have been too cheap to buy a expensive set but it will be great to have.

Thread Information