Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Jan. 29-Feb. 29, 2020

But if the stores can’t open to sell stuff they will have to quit accepting items.

We could just give things to friends and neighbors and homeless people who need them. I sometimes put shoes or large items in the alley and they disappear quickly.

I noticed that Marketplace has lots of Free listings, with curb pickup today. Hopefully people are getting things they need and will ise.

Okay. I'm finally back! I've spent the last month making the transition to online teaching and having my nine-year-old home with me (half the time - she's with her dad the other half) and generally adjusting to life under stay-at-home orders.

This whole transition would have been so much harder if I hadn't started seriously tackling my clutter issues four years ago, but I have definitely been in a "two steps back" stage of my "three steps forward, two steps back" process.

As I've said a million times (and I've heard many of you say), the hardest part is getting (re-) started, but I finally did today. I spent an hour in our guestroom which is now my daughter's office and which had become such a mess that every time I was in there I wanted to scream. Because of the hard work I did decluttering that room a few years ago, it only took an hour for me to tidy it up. I feel ten times better, and I think she'll be pretty darn pleased too when she gets back from her dad's house.

I'm aiming to do at least an hour a day more the next two days. After that I return to teaching (we've been on spring break this week), so I may have to cut back for a few days.

I'm sad I can't continue the work I was doing tackling those boxes in my office at school (I think I had 7 to go), but hopefully, I will get to it this summer.

In any case, new total: 22.5.

Did another hour today on the fridge. Threw out a lot of expired stuff. Found some food I didn't know I had!

New total: 23.5.

Great progress EJ!

Great job, EJ! I miss Chicken Lady. I really hope she is ok.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Becky, I have been thinking of CL too and hope she is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Becky, I have been thinking of CL too and hope she is fine.
    I miss Chicken Lady too.

I eked out 30 more minutes today. New total: 24.

Thread Information