Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Jan. 29-Feb. 29, 2020

Spent 4 hours today cleaning out my office closet and my nightstand drawers. The drawers are mostly empty. Have a box for the thrift store and a huge bag of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Spent 4 hours today cleaning out my office closet and my nightstand drawers. The drawers are mostly empty. Have a box for the thrift store and a huge bag of garbage.
    FANTASTIC!

I put 1 more item in the thrift store box! After a knee replacement I won't be using my jump rope again!

Wow, Terry, that's great!

Last week I called out a new challenge for my online quilt group: Friday Finish! Choose 1 thing, anything, in your home you want done once and for all!

Today was the day to tackle our coat closet which has annoyed me for far too long. It was absolutely stuffed. I have 2 full large boxes: mittens--- How many pair does one need?! It's cold here. The homeless will benefit far more than I will! Jackets, walking shoes long ago replaced but in good condition, 2 yoga mats (who knew?) a pair of brand new shoes that are not comfy (they were spendy), 2 ball caps, a variety of scarves/hats, earbands and other whatnots!

A pair of hubster's older walking shoes-they will go to the cabin for workshoes and he will toss the old crappy ones there. Also taking a pair for me! 2 decent pair of my still good walking shoes are in the washer now. They will go to the thrift store. (my feet changed a few years ago and these don't feel good.

All of this to the thrift store today so that others may benefit for pennies on the dollar.

I'm so glad to have this task FINISHED! Why on earth did I wait so stupid long to do this? It took all of 15 minutes! And that was with a variety of conversations with hubster while doing this.

Silly girl!

edited to add: I just bagged it all up. 41 items-many of which are pairs of mittens/gloves/shoes.

G, why not take the coats and gloves to the homeless shelter. I buy them at thrift stores and then donate to the shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    G, why not take the coats and gloves to the homeless shelter. I buy them at thrift stores and then donate to the shelters.
    I have done that in the past. The thrift store I choose, supports troubled youth, has a home for unwed mothers, provides adoption services as those mothers want to do so.....and this is important to my heart. I have an adopted nephew from their services, born of a mother who was taken in, fed and clothed and counseled. The store teaches job skills and pays minimum wage so a reward for the effort.

That’s a excellent cause!

I am on a bender apparently.

2. I've gone through my nightstand (undergarments/swimsuits/jammies). 8 more items to the thrift store.

3. Linen closet (which is not by any means full). 1 item I made that will be a Christmas gift this year. 1 blanket to the thrift store pile, 1 Christmas pillow I made that is now with the Christmas decorations in my quilt studio closet.

Will I stop there? hmmmmm, it is only noon here

Decluttering is addictive). Found more dishes, a huge picture and a small telephone table from the 1930’s. Actually the table and picture I put on Craigslist because the frame and non glare glass make it worth something. I have done well selling things before and just listed them. The dishes to the thrift store.

Wow, I read these posts and am amazed at what is being accomplished. Go for it!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information