Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shopping in your own house

I am glad I did my major decluttering when I was younger. I wouldn’t want to face a attic full of stuff now. Hopefully you won’t be moving all that stuff since I think your Herman house is smaller. I know you have a husband with too much junk problem like I do)

I try and use no chemical cleaning solutions, when I can. One of these is a chamois cloth, which I use to wipe off the steam in the bathroom after a shower. It occurred to me this morning that I don't really need another cleaner for the kitchen faucet, I can just cut a piece off the chamois and use that!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    I try and use no chemical cleaning solutions, when I can. One of these is a chamois cloth, which I use to wipe off the steam in the bathroom after a shower. It occurred to me this morning that I don't really need another cleaner for the kitchen faucet, I can just cut a piece off the chamois and use that!
    The chamois would probably work nicely on the stainless steel appliances in our kitchen.But water spots dont really bother me.

We have a lot of manganese in our water. Stains and builds up too.

I'm not anal, I just don't like scrubbing!

Just cut the end off my tape measure last week and have hoped I did not need the full length. While cleaning out my craft closet, I found 3 more. I am so glad I did not go out and buy one.

Last year my mixing bowl wore out. I had mixed with it until a hole developed in the bottom. It had been my Mother's mixing bowl and I loved its beautiful blue color. I told DH about it and he said he thought there was one in the basement. So down he went and shortly came up with a set of three mixing bowls that also belonged to Mom. Also beautiful and blue. They are pyrex and have a design on them something like Amish or Pioneer types. Thanks Mom!

How nice thinkgreen! Sweetana, how many cloth tape measures are you keeping? This is something I am looking at right now, as have bought one at a yard sale and now own my mom's.

I bought some Firefly jewelry I’ve been coveting for three years. Included in that batch was a bracelet. I have wide wrists. The bracelet fit and it wasn’t tight exactly but it wasn’t easy to clasp either. I thought about returning the bracelet to them and asking them to add two more links for my wide wrist.

Then this morning I was cleaning out a bag of dog supplies and I found small O-rings intended to attach tags to a dog collar. They are too small to be useful for a dog collar which is why I never used them.

but I’ll be damn. They were perfect to extend the length of my new bracelet. OK it’s not beautiful but it’s not perfectly ugly either. I’m not real picky.

This jewelry fix reminds me of a time I was Maid of honor in my friend’s wedding. She had forgotten to bring the new necklace she purchased. But she did have earrings that she didn’t especially like, pearl drop earrings. She was wearing a plain necklace. She wanted a jewel around her neck. So I used thread from a sewing kit someone had there to attach one of the earrings to the necklace. I thought it looked fine. Somebody in the group didn’t recommend she wear it but I think she did end up wearing it.

04377846-DECB-412D-9649-95A1941AD1F0.jpg

see the O rings on the right? Fixes!

SiouxieQ may not comment, haha

Tybee, keeping all of them.

Thread Information