Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: February Purge

Tybee: My sister would say you have a strange concept of fun, but don't feel bad, she says that about me too, lol.

Today I had one of those guys who buys and sells stuff come to the house and take a look at stuff that me and sis wanted to get rid of. I made $350 and she made $160 - and we got rid of a bunch of stuff! I would say he got quite a lot for his money, but we are happy to have a bit less stuff and a bit more money.

Rosa, a great way to make money.

Got rid of an old horse shampoo bottle and wound care bottle, both frozen solid. Also a giant plastic tub and two books.
    Need to get rid of 5 more books as that is what I have brought into house in last two weeks.
    Plus a moldy bridle.

This instapot I’ve been fighting is going into the garbage. Last night I had to wrestle with it to get the lid off. Again.

I pick ped it up from the thrift store and now I see why it was at the thrift store. It’s not going back to the thrift store because no one should have to wrestle with this stupid thing.

Meanwhile, this morning I cooked rice in the rice cooker DH found in our attic. It is beautifully simple. It is elegant. Love it.

7 more things OFF the refrigerator. I'm down to very small successes

I continue to go through bookmarks on my laptop when I feel like just sitting. Likely another 50 gone today! E-clutter be gone

Four plastic rulers, 1 photograph, 2 small puzzles, 1 card outta here! There's more, but I can't remember it...
    a notebook for one thing. I am finally organizing all my magazine clippings!

I have historically retained the most recent 12 issues of magazines, going through the oldest when a new one arrives. Well, I dropped the 2 magazines I still subscribed to for 2019.

Today, I went through them all. I tore out perhaps 10 pages-recipes to try. The remains went into the recycle bin. Magazines that were fully intact have been added to the thrift store box.

I have retained 4 magazines for now. All were single purchases and still current information.

Yppej
    A pair of reading glasses that were starting to wear out and felt uncomfortably loose. I push them up on top of my head, then down on my nose depending what I am doing and over time this breaks them down.

An orange juice juicer and eight books.

I have three closet racks full of clothes and want to reduce them to 2. I'm piling the "let go" stack on the guest bed. My goal is to photograph and list the best stuff on Poshmark. I may get lazy and just donate it all to a second-hand shop that funds a local hospice. I'll see where I am at the end of the month.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information