Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: February Purge

Thank you--she is the one thwarting me on the exercise bike. She needs sheep.

Gardnr, me too! It’s amazing how stuff accumulates without being used or noticed!

Tybee, thanks for the inspiration! I need that, going out to build now!

Like others here, I plug along, mostly discarding worn out things to trash and recycling these days.

Then I have to resist the urge to fill up the space again. I found myself a bit distressed the other day when I realized I “only” have 3 pr jeans, 2 khakis, 2 slacks... and numerous crop pants. LOL. I had discarded 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of slacks- suddenly, I could hear my mother’s voice saying that I “Needed” to go clothes shopping!
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 2-4-20 at 5:35pm. Reason: Clarity

That’s plenty of pants. I don’t have more than that.

I just went though my pants this afernoon! Funny. 3 pairs jeans, 3 pairs sweat/yoga pants, 3 pairs light drapy pants for summer, 1 pair cropped jeans, 2 pair cotton pants for summer, 3 pr linen pants for dressing up, 1 pair winter black dressy pants.

Feb05/20
    ---One really old decrepit black sweater in the garbage
    of course buttons off first and one more use as a duster....lol

My very large collections of buttons needs to looked at someday...lol

Cleaned out the drawer I have samples etc to use when I travel.
    I am only traveling 3-4 times a year for 4-5 days so really these will
    go bad before I could possibly use them.
    Still have 2 of everything I need in travel bag!
    --2 shampoo/conditioners, 4 conditioners, 2 toothpaste, 4 small dental floss
    and put in a basket in bathroom to use up first!
    Total to date 18 items

Thank you for reminding me!

Had been down to 2 pairs of jeans for some time. One of them got too ripped and was tossed last week. I do need more than 1 pair. I use leggings and yoga pants in good weather. Use them under the jeans when it’s cold.

Quote Originally Posted by danna View Post
    My very large collections of buttons needs to looked at someday...lol
    Consider taking the bin of buttons to a shelter or counselor that works with abused kids. I learned from a friend that they are used in conversation and therapeutic art. She didn't explain how but she was asking our whole team for any available buttons.

i just went into our bedroom to make the bed (I'm Dutch, we air bed linens every day). I was looking at what is on the walls. Small "decoupage plaques" that were from a long past GF and have been hanging there likely since we moved here in 1991. 2 are in the thrift store box I emptied/delivered yesterday. 1 space will remain empty. The other? I moved a ceramic musical note there that was on a wall with the base and treble cleft ceramic items. These were 3 things on my Christmas list decades ago and I still love them.

MINUS 2!

4 coats and a two scarves taken to Goodwill, along with 2 small boxes of miscellany. Best was getting them all gone at once.
    Coat area looks much better, too.

We are packing up things for the first flea market in April. DH agreed with me, we have too many hammers & tape measures, amongst other things. Normally, this is his baliwick and I keep my nose outta it. But we want to raise $ to pay down the debt and we have a lot of both!

Thread Information