Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: February Purge

Our bathroom is being gutted and remodeled so everything needs to be removed. Today I tackled the sink cabinet drawers. Found a battery operated toothbrush where the batteries were corroded. Darn hubby just tossed it in the drawer. So I threw it out. Corralled all the other things into bags and tossed old outdated medicine and such. Found my shoehorn, four medicine weekly holders, dirty containers and a mess of small carriers for traveling with stuff. All distributed or thrown away. Now to tackle the lawyers cabinet full of stuff. Then on to the linen closet. Just how many old towels do we need anyway. Will donate oldest set.

Gave away 16 sets of hats/scarves/mittens to a friend who collects them needy families. Glad my knitted stuff can find good homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    What kind of things sell on Poshmark, and how difficult is it to sell there?
    Clothes for women, men & children, purses, shoes, household stuff. i've had the best luck with purses. Poshmark takes 20%, buyer pays for shipping, unless you offer a discount. It's not difficult - try to post good pictures and provide a lot of detail. Poshmark provides the printing label - print it out and attach it to a (free) priority mail box or envelope.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Feb 28th
    --2 Kilts sold on ebay
    --3 small pieces of fabric made into headbands
    --2 toothbrushes and 2 gum type ones too old to use
    --2 t-shirts into rag bag
    --2 bag of paper/envelopes etc into recycling
    about 10 small items into trash but, already don't remember.
    That is funny how that happens makes you really think why was
    this still in my house?
    Total todate 87....That was my goal for Feb.
    Time to start thinking about March .....LOL
    What worked for me this month because I really don't seem to have
    that much extra in my house (except for clothes and I need to lose weight
    to deal with those, whole other post) is to look at one type of item at a time.
    e.g. box with nail care, box with fabric and every time I look I
    find more to get rid of and at the same time more to just use instead of buying.
    Great feeling.

As a prolific quilter and lover of triangles, I am often the recipient of mailed envelopes filled with others "waste" triangles. If I don't sew them up right away, into a project box they go. Well, Wednesday was their day. I opened 1 project box that had lots of already sewn/pressed/trimmed pairs. The bottom however, had a ton of patiently waiting triangles. So I sewed/pressed/trimmed for hours. Thursday I finished them off. Then I got another project box. Same song-2nd verse. I didn't know this box had more. I commenced to sew/press/trim for hours again. Today I will finish them!

They are sorted by size and bagged together. Great fodder ready for future quilting projects.

Yes, to me this is a purge!

Thread Information