Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Feb. Frugal and Yes it is Feb already!

danna, you might also check if the portable has enough connections on it to allow you to hook it up to your TV if you'd rather watch a bigger screen.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I buy them used at Goodwill, Danna, and have one out in the shed for when this used one breaks. They cost under 10 dollars, and I get a couple of years out of them. Our Goodwill also lets you return them if they don't work when you buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I buy them used at Goodwill, Danna, and have one out in the shed for when this used one breaks. They cost under 10 dollars, and I get a couple of years out of them. Our Goodwill also lets you return them if they don't work when you buy them.
    That's a great idea! DH is a tech person, so frequently we've got to get whatever is new so he can upgrade his "lab" for work. Given that he may retire soon, I hadn't thought what we'd do if we needed things like this. Thanks!

Part of the pre-retirement work: I updated (and published) my grocery coupon links list. I've had it as a draft on my blog for some time. Given that the blog will change drastically when the memoir is published, I'm going through the 50+ "drafts" I have there.

I started the blog years ago to track culls. The idea worked, then I got overwhelmed. I just never got rid of the blog.

Also working on the website data. That is a lot more work and will be some time before it goes live. We bought the domain last year, the year before?

Both the coupon source list and the website are links lists/directories. The website has a lot more data, pages and pages of it. The coupon list is only 1 page by comparison!

I have purchased NO food since 2/19. I'm determined to eat out of the freezer and pantry until I can't make an appealing meal. Tonight we're finishing grilled Tri-Tip and a Greek Salad-using up remaining tomatoes that are starting to get soft as well as 2 cucumbers and a small container of Feta crumbles.

Tomorrow's breakfast: I'll finish off the fresh spinach in an omelette.
    Tomorrow's dinner: grilled Salmon and Mahi (we usually share both for variety), and more Greek Salad.

Sat/Sun breakfast: scrambled eggs and sausage (plenty in the freezer).
    Saturday: Spaghetti squash from our fall garden harvest (I have 4 left) along with my freezer ratatouille, a small package of garden kale minced and added as well as the remaining cooked It sausage/hamburger from the freezer. There isn't much of that so I'll add a chicken sausage for some more protein.

Sunday dinner: I'll need to dig in the freezer some more.

Yppej
    I am on track for my February budget. My car probably needs brakes but I scheduled an appointment to check them on March 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I'm determined to eat out of the freezer and pantry
    I have been in the process of doing that the last 2-3 weeks. However, as part of COVID-19 preparedness, I'll be stocking the house with a couple of weeks worth of food in case we need to stay home for that long. I wonder how busy Shipt, Amazon Prime, and other rapid-delivery services will get if/as COVID-19 spreads?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We have been doing the same G and Steve but will grocery shop next week and stock up for obvious reasons.

WE have been truck shopping for husband but yesterday he took his car in for a diagnostic, and they fixed one problem he was having and today he is putting 2 new tires on to fix a tire issue caused by the problem, so he is committing to sticking with this car for at least another year.
    That is great and frugal, since we have put so much money into it already, and gives him time to save more for a truck.

Feb19 to Feb 28th
    Thanks for the tips on finding used DVD's I go to Goodwill often
    but, thought DVD's might not work from those sources.
    Will check it out.
    --still only bought another $10.00 worth of fresh fruit, veggies and milk
    so far this month the total is so low and it is showing in cupboards and freezer.
    Now to keep it up for March.
    --Sold more on ebay, only make $20.00 but, stuff gone and money in pocket.
    --the decluttering is the best money saver I have found it lets you see and remember
    what you have so not to buy more.
    ----doing my taxes today and using free software provided by my tax dollars on
    the government site. FREE it even fills in the blanks for you as they already know
    most of your information.
    --had three scraps of beautiful stretch fabric (from a project done years ago).
    I was hating to throw out so I made 3 headbands for Dd and I. Basically free.
    That is all I can think of for now.
    Have a Great Feb 29th it feels like we should do something special but, they are
    calling for Snow Squalls over night so I guess it will be a house day and no spend.
    I am sure I can find something to clean there is always something to clean...lol

we are in snow squalls today, just like yesterday, and feeling rather housebound. Should definitely start a declutter project. . .

Thread Information