Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb. Frugal and Yes it is Feb already!

Feb. Frugal and Yes it is Feb already!

Here we go Feb. 3rd.....I know I need to save even more!
    My basement sprung a leak in the last heavy rainfall.
    Yes, heavy rainfall in Jan in South west Ontario...aarrrgh!

--Of course I would have more money if my freezer etc had less
    food. So serious eating down for the whole month.
    --pot of soup made
    --Just read Costco coupons for the week and decided there is
    nothing I need or want.
    --Have done my spreadsheets for the 1st of the month and I did
    really well with spending in Jan.
    --got one quote on basement leak and will get another.
    --bus fare have gone up so I took old tickets and got them exchanged
    and paid the difference. Not a savings but, didn't just throw them away.
    Some people do! And, learnt they are now carrying Seniors tickets again.
    So a savings there.
    That is all for now.

Yppej
    Decided to skip a political event because although I was offered a free ticket I would have to pay $20 for parking.

Instead of going to the store to buy something for breakfasts (we're out), I ate a protein bar for "brunch". It will hold me until dinner time.

I have a date with a girlfriend tomorrow afternoon. I'll get a bit of food then for the rest of the week. We don't need much as the freezer still contains plenty of options.

Yppej
    I have been sick with a reduced appetite so I did not go for groceries this week. There is enough food around the house already, and one less chore to do when I am draggy.

Feb 4th
    --volunteered and brought tea, lunch and snacks
    --my fridge is so clean and cleaned out I can see every last thing in there.
    --Been in the house a lot and doing some decluttering and sewing
    but, not spending...yeah
    --Dd did order me online (some techy thing Dgs wants for his birthday) and she
    got a great price and used and extra app to get extra 5% back.
    --did surveys for $2.00
    That is all for now

We will be doing much eating at home, from the pantry, freezer and box of garden winter squash. Tonight will be spaghetti squash with garden ratatouille and precooked Italian sausage/ground turkey from the freezer. I will make enough so that hubster has lunch for Thursday/Friday. Hubster's temporary office location has a healthy/low cost cafeteria breakfast. They are moving out on Saturday so he wants to buy breakfast Th/Fri. He'll enjoy that. Then Sunday I'll bake him a breakfast casserole for next week. And there is always Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries for a break.

I had a lovely relaxing 4h lunch/cocktails yesterday with a GF. We had a wonderful time catching up and talking about this coming years events in both our lives. On the occasion I have cocktails, I like quality liquor so I'm never surprised by the tab. We haven't been out in 2 months and she never has that kind of time so it was super awesome and worth every penny of the $70. I tipped generously as we held the table so long. I'm not a shopper/consumer so I'd guess that 80% of my pocket cash goes to enjoying food/cocktails with GFs. Make memories, right?

I got 1 yard of patriotic fabric at the thrift store yesterday for $1.99. It will go into a quilt to donate at charity group for the VA home in July.

Above said girlfriend loves warm weather and flip flops. At same thrift store I found 2 new/wrapped sticky note pads that are flipflop themed. I will include those in her May birthday gift (we don't generally exchange but these are special). I will also be making her a large flipflop pillow out of some flipflop batik fabric I acquired years ago. I have everything needed to make it!

G, it’s so fun to have long lunches. A few weeks ago my friend and I went to a Mexican restaurant and had a margarita. Then we went to her house and spent the afternoon playing games and drinking margaritas in her hot tub. Perfect day!

Yppej
    I did not go to the doctor when I was sick and pretty miserable. I am on the mend now. Savings probably $200 to $400 as I do not have any of my deductible met.

Glad you are feeling better, Yppej.

Still eating from last year's garden from the freezer.

Cut out a trip to town by combining errors which save 2 gallons of gas.

Husband returned boots to LL Bean from Christmas gift and will get gift card back.

Thread Information