Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Danna and gardnr, you are both doing well. Lifestyle changes are hard. And awareness is important.

i made both swim days with Dd last week and have been doing well on the food quantity. I could still be making better choices about nutrition. Dh has been cooking less this week, so there has been less temptation.

i am down 4.5 pounds now, so I am calling that a real loss. It is below a previous set point.
    CL it is great you moved off that set point.

I am down 17.5 pounds since Jan 6.

A wonderful thought hit me yesterday as hubby and I were talking about foods we miss. "I don't think those will taste as good right now as being down 17.5 pounds feels"!

We have agreed to another month on Code Red. Will there be cheats? Of course! I will not live a denial life of foods I love! I've had plenty of cheats in 8 weeks. And plenty of success to know it's working just fine.

So far in 2+ months of Weight Watchers program, I havent “cheated” once. That is not a brag about willpower so much as:

1) WW allows extra points per week that I may or may not use, my choice. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I do not.

2) My life has been slow and at-home, little socializing in these winter months, no travel. So it is easy to stay focused and be able to cook at home.

More challenges come to low-calorie eating as our schedule opens up to being away from home a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    More challenges come to low-calorie eating as our schedule opens up to being away from home a lot.
    My sisters both live WW. When eating on the go, eggs/meat for Bfast and big salads for lupper and an occasional dessert they share with their travel companion.

Generally, they gain 1 pound per trip and that's easy to take off and get back to goal.

I did weight watchers back in 2018. And then I dropped it like a hot potato. Stupid work stress. I see it as a way to maintain once I hit goal. Allowing any food is great as it's moderation that is key.

Great news CL. Now that I am not as hungry I can eat a big lunch and then be done for the day which makes traveling easier. I like counting calories because I can eat whatever I want. It doesn’t matter what system you use as long as it works.

Catherine: Today I had the look-on-the-bright-side thought that if we get quarantined due to the Corona virus, we can consider it a golden opportunity to eat our sardine stashes!

I'm feeling like the energizer bunny today! It is one of the known side effects of the Code Red lifestyle. NO, I am NOT advocating it as a long-term lifestyle but I have lost 17.5# since Jan 6 (with plenty of cheating). But in the recent 2 weeks, I've noticed a really high energy level. Hubster and I have agreed to do 1 more month and then discuss again. We are also planning our next cheat meal ��

OK. It was measurement day. Since Jan 6: 19 pounds and 10.25 inches. 4.75 inches from my hips! Yippee.

But herein lies the ultimate lie of lycra in jeans: I still wear the same jeans and they are not at all baggie. There is no way we should be sold pants that stretch that much and don't feel tight! ugh! All that time I was gaining weight and my pants were lying to me.......

Again I will say, I will get on the scale every day I am home, for the rest of my life (or until lycra disappears from pants!)

Code Red works!

I've cut out processed sugar (still eating fruit and veggies) and chips, crackers, etc. since Ash Wednesday. I've dropped about 3 pounds, but more importantly, I think my inflammation has decreased. Lower back pain due to osteoarthritis has decreased.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Gardnr and beckyliz,

nice!

i gained a pound this week. Trying to tell myself it’s the same “noise” as when I only lost a pound - a glass of water difference.

Thread Information