Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Tybee, you will find what works for you. Don’t give up!

Yesterday I cleaned out a stall.

i have lost two pounds. I still think it is “noise”.
    That is wonderful, CL!

I am bowing out of this thread as so far, I haven't found any success, and it's just frustrating.
    Good luck to those who are commenting and finding it helpful. I have learned some new things to try, and that is good in itself.
    But I don't think I am at any kind of accountability stage yet, since I am floundering.

Good Luck with the search Tybee it is a hard one but,
    worth it. You are right going into an accountability stage
    when you are not ready is only adding frustration. not helpful at all.
    Danna

Thanks, Danna, that was my suspicion and thank you for putting it into words for me. You are right. I'm just not at that stage yet.

I’m sorry for the frustrstionnTybee, good luck on your search!

i started the day with box cereal and yoga.

i think I probably need to sit down and make a list of healthy, filling breakfasts that can be prepared in less than two minutes start to finish. (Or stuck in the fridge to be grabbed/heated in the same window) that seems to be my friction point. (And by “start” I mean walk into the kitchen, and buy “finish” I mean prep dishes are in the sink, ingredients are put away, and I am taking a bite.)

I am upping my Vitamin D intake. Do you know what has tons of Vitamin D? Mackeral! I bought 2 smallish frozen mackeral and one serving provides 74% of daily requirement. That is a ton of citamin D.

Not really knowing what to do with these fish, and not wanting them to rot, i cooked them in the microwave and deboned them. I guess
    i will use the meat on a salad.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am upping my Vitamin D intake. Do you know what has tons of Vitamin D? Mackeral! I bought 2 smallish frozen mackeral and one serving provides 74% of daily requirement. That is a ton of citamin D.

Not really knowing what to do with these fish, and not wanting them to rot, i cooked them in the microwave and deboned them. I guess
    you can use them to make mackeral cakes--like crabcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I was just commenting to a friend that I wish I liked sardines (or any fish, truthfully) because they're nutritional powerhouses. Other than using small amounts of anchovies in salad dressing or fish sauce, so far I haven't managed it. I can handle cod liver oil.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was just commenting to a friend that I wish I liked sardines (or any fish, truthfully) because they're nutritional powerhouses. Other than using small amounts of anchovies in salad dressing or fish sauce, so far I haven't managed it. I can handle cod liver oil.
    DH jokes about how many cans of sardines I have purchased that sat in the pantry for months because I thought I would eat them (for the nutritional value) but couldn't bring myself to do it. My father loved them and ate them all the time.

I do love anchovies, though. On pizza, in salads, whatever.

When I got back from Japan, I vowed to figure out how to have Japanese breakfasts, which feature lots of fish, usually simple poached or grilled small portions. Haven't done it yet.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The package of feozen anchovies at the asian food mart had no nutrition label, so i skipped over buying it. In the back of my mind I thought surely anchovies have a lot of vitamin D! I’ll probably buy some next time around.

Jane, I have fish sauce in my refrigerator and I use it, but I just looked at the nutrition label and it doesn’t impart vitamin D to us, it has 0%.

Thread Information