Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Being sick started my weight loss and now I am still losing weight so down 8 pounds.
    Remind me again if you are on a specific diet or was it just portion control and didn't you say you were eating 2 meals a day?
    (I'm obviously looking to pattern on someone else's success, since Noom is not working for me.)

Tybee, I eat a yogurt for breakfast. If I eat a big lunch then I am done. If it’s a small lunch then I have a small dinner. I count calories.

Tybee, if you don't mind saying, what was it about Noom that didn't work for you?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Tybee,

Are you in one of the three categories of Overweightness on this chart? I ask because if you are or at least are not, or are in the low end of overweight, you may need Herculean effort of lose lbz.

Three months on any weight loss program —like your Noom experience—should have yielded some results, unless you are at nature’s set point.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ody-mass-index

Those BMI charts are basically crap. My husband is considered obese. Yet he has no body fat as he is solid muscle. He has a wrestler's or weight lifter's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tybee, I eat a yogurt for breakfast. If I eat a big lunch then I am done. If it’s a small lunch then I have a small dinner. I count calories.

Thanks, I think the two meals a day might be part of the answer for me. Noom had me on 3 and I think I was actually eating more. I don't know why it did not work but that is one possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Those BMI charts are basically crap. My husband is considered obese. Yet he has no body fat as he is solid muscle. He has a wrestler's or weight lifter's body.
    scroll down to get to weight chart.m

agreed, bone size and muscle are key factors, , but that’s why there is a weight range. My DH always reads as overweight too. And usually outside of winter weight he is ok.But that is BMI which you can ignore, and anyway, Is it true that BMI is correctly weighed in water anyway?

What I’m trying to get at is this: is Tybee going after a vanity weight?

Tybee, It's really important that you eat well and you eat enough. No way would I make it through a day with just a yogurt in the morning. Some days I'm hungry a few hours after eating. I notice this happens the day before I'm down 1-2#. Today is one of those days.

Around 1030 I made an omelette: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 oz shredded cheddar and 2 oz diced ham. At 245 I had 2 Tbsp nuts: mix of pistachio, almonds, sunflower seeds. Dinner will be mashed cauliflower, brussel sprouts and chicken in a roasted tomato cream sauce. The cream will provide the fat needed for satiety.

Are there some eating days that really worked for you? It will help you to track and figure out what you like and how to fit that into calorie needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Thanks, I think the two meals a day might be part of the answer for me. Noom had me on 3 and I think I was actually eating more. I don't know why it did not work but that is one possibility.
    what is a “ meal?” Noom counts calories?

I don’t get up until 8 and eat the yogurt at 10. Then lunch at noon. If I got up earlier I would need to eat more. I am less hungry as I age. I had lunch at Olive Garden with a salad, one breadstick and the lunch lasagna which isn’t big and I was never hungry again the rest of the day. When I worked I ate a bowl of oatmeal in the morning.

Thread Information