Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

Okay, just found this promising recipe for a breakfast that I would like and can freeze:

https://thegirlonbloor.com/wprm_print/27355

A friend of mine made keto friendly egg bites in her IP. She tweaked a recipe, of which there are many to Google. Her recipe:

4 eggs

¼ cup cottage cheese

¼ cup half n’ half or HWC

¼ cup creamy cheese such as Brie, cream cheese, Laughing Cow or Boursin

Salt

Mushroom powder (see Nom Nom Paleo)

Cayenne (or any spice of choice!)

Whiz in blender

I stirred in cooked shallot, raw green onion, shredded hard cheese and cooked bacon.

Pour into molds

Add one cup of water to IP

I put foil “extenders” onto the IP rack handles. I lowered the eggs and rack down on top of the water.

Cover the mold with a foil tent or parchment paper so the steam doesn’t drip and make the eggs slimy

OH! The eggs rise quite a bit! I laid the parchment gently on top.

Set on steam for 9 minutes

Let that rest for 10 minutes. Steam release just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend of mine made keto friendly egg bites in her IP. She tweaked a recipe, of which there are many to Google. Her recipe:

4 eggs

¼ cup cottage cheese

¼ cup half n’ half or HWC

¼ cup creamy cheese such as Brie, cream cheese, Laughing Cow or Boursin

Salt

Mushroom powder (see Nom Nom Paleo)

Cayenne (or any spice of choice!)

Whiz in blender

I stirred in cooked shallot, raw green onion, shredded hard cheese and cooked bacon.

Pour into molds

Add one cup of water to IP

I put foil “extenders” onto the IP rack handles. I lowered the eggs and rack down on top of the water.

Cover the mold with a foil tent or parchment paper so the steam doesn’t drip and make the eggs slimy

OH! The eggs rise quite a bit! I laid the parchment gently on top.

Set on steam for 9 minutes

Let that rest for 10 minutes. Steam release just in case.

thank you, will try this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I am committed to weighing every day, too, Gardnr. I did exactly the same thing--did not weigh for years, and now I have to figure out how to correct this situation.
    If I do nothing else, I am writing down what I weigh every day and also what I eat, so I can figure out the correlation.
    I was same today-I don't usually go a day without at least 1/2# change. But that's OK. Same is still positive!

I just spent 5 minutes in my closet. I separated the pants I am willing to wear outside the front door right now-there are more than I expected so that's a change. I apparently have 3 pr that are midway my current and next size down as I couldn't wear them 6m ago! I tried on the 3 in the next size smaller. I cannot zip any of them. I've designated 1 nice pair to try on every single Monday until I can zip, and then until I will wear it outside the front door. Once I can wear those 3 outside, I will get rid of all the current size. There will be no "fall back". I have a friend who will benefit greatly from free clothes. We were the same size when I retired.

I also have 4 pr fleece pants I can wear now. I'll wash those and put them in circulation. I've been wearing the same 3 for many many years. I don't know if I should be happy or sad that fleece pants can last more than 10yrs being washed weekly!???

And so it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Okay, just found this promising recipe for a breakfast that I would like and can freeze:

https://thegirlonbloor.com/wprm_print/27355

Tybee, you really need some of the egg yolk fat and nutrients. At least do 1/2 the yolks. Also, consider regular bacon cooked crispy (or 1/2?). It is fat in foods that fill us up and keep us full.

For decades, I've consistently tried to avoid fat regularly. And hey, we're fat! I've added fat into our diets and we're doing better with satiety and we're losing weight.

I joined Weight Watchers online today for 3 months. We’ll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I joined Weight Watchers online today for 3 months. We’ll see how it goes.
    I have not done online, I do “in person” membership. Mainly I do that because i want access to high quality, regularly calibrated scales. I like the accountability of checking in with an objective person weekly.

The workshops themselves are ok, sometimes great, sometimes enh.

But you (we) can always join the discussion forums at ww for input of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have not done online, I do “in person” membership. Mainly I do that because i want access to high quality, regularly calibrated scales. I like the accountability of checking in with an objective person weekly.

The workshops themselves are ok, sometimes great, sometimes enh.

But you (we) can always join the discussion forums at ww for input of other people.
    I don’t have time to go in person. I actually don’t weigh myself at all except when I go to the doc once or twice a year.

Gsrdnr,

it sounds like you are making really good progress. That is a great plan about trying on the pants.

yesterday I did yoga with dh, made good food choices (except for a donut shared with me by a classmate) and did some large scale handbuilding (clay) at my class that according to my muscles this morning was a bit of an upper body workout.

the last one comes under both “reasons I need to exercise” and ”(fun and productive) activity I should do more often because it is exercise.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Gsrdnr,

it sounds like you are making really good progress. That is a great plan about trying on the pants.

yesterday I did yoga with dh, made good food choices (except for a donut shared with me by a classmate) and did some large scale handbuilding (clay) at my class that according to my muscles this morning was a bit of an upper body workout.

the last one comes under both “reasons I need to exercise” and ”(fun and productive) activity I should do more often because it is exercise.”
    CL, that kind of exercise sounds wonderful--the fun and productive part. It's cool that you and your DH do yoga. We drove to mall and I mall walked while he sat in the car--his arthritic hip is really bothering him.

My Marcelle Pick book arrived and it is fascinating, and supports a lot of things I have been thinking about weight loss. The diet itself is pretty much a Mediterranean diet.

Thread Information