Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

I do think 51 lbs in 5 months is too ambitious. It took me a year to shed 40 but I am 8 years older than you which probably slowed my weight loss down. It really does come down to finding what works for you personally. My best friend uses WW while I count calories. Tybee, it appears that noom is not working. Losing weight is hard and I wish everyone the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    51 pounds in 5 months sounds really difficult. I have at least that to lose and in a month and a half on this stupid noom thing have gained two pounds.

I like to hear what is working for people. I think I can motivate myself to do something as long as it is actually working for me.

Right now, I'm lost, don't know what is working.
    12.5# in 4 weeks. So I am a believer in Code Red. And yes, I've had some cookies, some tortilla chips, and 4 cocktails w/GF Monday over a 4h lunch! I bet I would be on my way to 20# had I not cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I do think 51 lbs in 5 months is too ambitious. It took me a year to shed 40 but I am 8 years older than you which probably slowed my weight loss down. It really does come down to finding what works for you personally. My best friend uses WW while I count calories. Tybee, it appears that noom is not working. Losing weight is hard and I wish everyone the best.
    It is ambitious to be certain. I need that goal in front of me to keep me doing this though. It is HARD to say no to food I love. This fast kickstart is a good motivator!

Hi Chicken Lady and everyone
    I am eating well made a large bean salad so it is easy
    to get in my 1/2 of beans a day, that and oatmeal
    with 1 tsp chia seeds, and 1 tsp of ground flak seed are
    working (pun intended) to keep the bowels moving!
    This an ongoing problem in my life and as every dr as
    told me the answer is more fibre and water.
    Of course they are right and i feel full.
    Received some wonderful David's Tea for Christmas and I
    have been having a very large cup of something different
    each afternoon about 3:00, helps to get me past
    that afternoon urge for a treat.
    I am using Tue nights as my weigh in so will let you know.
    Also, trying to do 15 min of Richard Simmons and 15 mins
    of a walking tape each day.

Tybee, do you have any thoughts on what to do next?

danna, that sounds like a great plan.

i “fell off the wagon” this weekend. Enjoyed the restaurant meal and the wine, but then had trouble dialing it back yesterday. I was home all day and indulged in too many treats. Also did not exercise. But, today I go again.

i have lost one pound, which is probably just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Tybee, do you have any thoughts on what to do next?

danna, that sounds like a great plan.

i “fell off the wagon” this weekend. Enjoyed the restaurant meal and the wine, but then had trouble dialing it back yesterday. I was home all day and indulged in too many treats. Also did not exercise. But, today I go again.

i have lost one pound, which is probably just noise.
    I am going to try limiting carbohydrates a lot more. Ordered a keto program that gives you a month of menus and guidelines. It does not look very appealing, but maybe that is the point.

I am committed to getting on the scale every single day. Why you might ask? Well, I didn't have one for the decades I gained a ton of weight. And unbeknownst to me, lycra appeared in clothes. One day I went to buy a new pair of jeans as my current ones were about to rip a hole. I had to go up 2 sizes?!!!! I wore scrubs for a living and we all wear them big so I truly had no idea I had put on so much weight.

If I go up a pound, I know what I did the day before to cause that. My scale gives 1/2# increments.

The other thing I'll be doing is getting rid of the biggest clothes the 2nd I can fit in the next size down. Yes, of course I have all the clothes "I will get back into someday". I will need nothing new. I am retired and don't need much anyway! I will say, I have a few 2X sweatshirts that I love. I'll be keeping them!

I am committed to weighing every day, too, Gardnr. I did exactly the same thing--did not weigh for years, and now I have to figure out how to correct this situation.
    If I do nothing else, I am writing down what I weigh every day and also what I eat, so I can figure out the correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I am going to try limiting carbohydrates a lot more. Ordered a keto program that gives you a month of menus and guidelines. It does not look very appealing, but maybe that is the point.
    Look into www.twosleevers.com, Urvashi Pitre's recipes and cookbooks. She provides lots of easy to moderate internationally inspired recipes, many keto-friendly. She also has YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Look into www.twosleevers.com, Urvashi Pitre's recipes and cookbooks. She provides lots of easy to moderate internationally inspired recipes, many keto-friendly. She also has YouTube videos.
    Thanks, Jane, will do.

Thread Information