Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

I'm down another 1.5# so 15.5# total since Jan 6.

G, that’s great!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    G, that’s great!
    Thank you. It's a rough lifestyle change but the results in the mirror are rewarding even though I've not dropped a size pant yet. That damn lycra in jeans has been lying to me for decades

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Thank you. It's a rough lifestyle change but the results in the mirror are rewarding even though I've not dropped a size pant yet. That damn lycra in jeans has been lying to me for decades
    Good job!

stretchy pants are what get me in trouble, still, I won’t give them up, they see me thru 2-3 sizes.

Is anyone on the My Fitness Pal app? I'm organizerBecky if you want to "friend" me.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Good job!

stretchy pants are what get me in trouble, still, I won’t give them up, they see me thru 2-3 sizes.
    Last time I needed to replace fraying jeans, I checked every label in 3 stores (and I HATE to shop). Every single denim pair had lycra.

I will get on a scale every single day for the rest of my life (when I'm home). I'm so glad I kept that 1 pair of right size jeans that are pre-lycra. They are my goal.

Very nice gardnr!

danna, you are on the right track! I think slow and steady is easier to keep off. It shows gradual, sustainable change.

this week has been very hectic for me. I did yoga early in the week, but dh schedule changed and we stopped. Also I forgot my bathing suit on Thursday and didn’t swim. I haven’t been eating too much quantity wise, but I’ve just been grabbing whatever is at hand and easy and appealing when I am hungry, so my nutritional choices have been poor. I will try to be more mindful this weekend.

Feb 25th weigh in down another 1/2 lb total
    in 4 weeks 2 1/2 lbs.
    It is going down but, not a quickly as I would like.
    Of course when I am honest with myself I know
    when and what I have eaten that is keeping the loss slow.
    Tracking what I am eating this week.
    Danna

Quote Originally Posted by danna View Post
    when and what I have eaten that is keeping the loss slow. Tracking what I am eating this week. Danna
    This is key Danna. To know exactly why you didn't drop some weight. Kristy Code Red says get on the scale every day so you know the result of yesterday's intake.

I'm down another 1/2# for a total of 16# since Jan 6. And yes, plenty of cheating! So I could be much further down this road. I have planned my next cheat meal. A favorite breakfast out when I hit 22#. I know it will cost me a temporary 2# gain. But oh so worth it.

Danna and gardnr, you are both doing well. Lifestyle changes are hard. And awareness is important.

i made both swim days with Dd last week and have been doing well on the food quantity. I could still be making better choices about nutrition. Dh has been cooking less this week, so there has been less temptation.

i am down 4.5 pounds now, so I am calling that a real loss. It is below a previous set point.

Thread Information