Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Tybee, you really need some of the egg yolk fat and nutrients. At least do 1/2 the yolks. Also, consider regular bacon cooked crispy (or 1/2?). It is fat in foods that fill us up and keep us full.

For decades, I've consistently tried to avoid fat regularly. And hey, we're fat! I've added fat into our diets and we're doing better with satiety and we're losing weight.
    That is wonderful to hear, and kind of the tact I am trying. I will absolutely use whole eggs--I'm too frugal to do an egg white only thing, haha. We use turkey bacon because my husband is so allergic to pork, and I don't keep pork or beef or lamb in the house, to avoid accidents.

Today I started with yoga, had healthy cereal and a grapefruit for breakfast, nuts, a banana and three small cookies (a gift from the cooking class) during the day, swam, beans and rice for dinner, and sugar cereal for dessert.

didn’t sleep well last night, so I’m planning to go to bed early soon.

CL: Do you do yoga in a class or on your own?
    PS: Your idea of going to bed early is my idea of going to bed late. Tonight is my late night due to carpentry class.

What has always worked for me is counting my calories including weighing and measuring everything. It forces me to make wise decisions or suffer the consequences.

We do yoga at home together with a tape. (Ok, it’s not actually a “tape” but I am old and do not know what to call it when it comes out if a computer. Yesterday I said “going steady” and my kids all laughed. Then I said “Facebook official” and they very gently tried to teach me something about emojis that I completely did not understand. I’m sticking with “tape”)

this morning I am sore from swimming. Mostly in the neck and shoulders. Probably because I skipped a week.

rosa, what is “early” for you? I am usually in bed around 9:30, ten is late, nine is early. Up at 5.

CL: I had tried a class but didn't stick with it, but I think I could like yoga under the right circumstances. I just need to figure out what they are.
    We are usually in bed before 9 and up at 5. Carpentry class nights we don't get to bed until 10:00, which feels really late. It's worth it though because I love carpentry class.

Good morning
    Yeah I weighed in on Tues night Down 1 more lb
    Total 1.5 lbs
    I came across in my purging of paper a magazine article "Women's Day 1978"
    It was called "Using Housework for Heart health"
    Basically doing 5 min slow 20 min fast and 5 min slow

Was down one pound but went out to dinner last night with husband and husband;s brother and this morning, am back up to where I started 7 weeks ago.
    (But I had actually gained on Noom, so being back to square one not so bad.)

My plan is to lose 2 lbs by March 1, using low carb eating.

14 pounds as of this morning.

Being sick started my weight loss and now I am still losing weight so down 8 pounds.

Thread Information