Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Healthy choices/weight accountability

20# today!

and today is clear liquids only so that I can have a clean colonoscopy tomorrow I haven't been hungry yet today and it's 1230 so that's good. Prep starts at 5pm. Oh joy. 2nd dose, 0130. Fun night.

Congratulations Gardnr, Hope the colonoscopy goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Congratulations Gardnr, Hope the colonoscopy goes well.
    Thank you. Easy peasy. The prep wasn't nearly as awful as people describe. 2 very small polyps removed.

I think the prep is better than what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I think the prep is better than what it used to be.
    I don't know about that. I've done the prep 3 times over the past 20 years, the last time being 18 months ago. Forcing that nasty liquid down my gullet nearly killed me each time. After my last colonoscopy they said I needn't return for another 10 years and my first thought was not that I must have a healthy colon, it was thank God I don't need to drink that nasty stuff again.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't know about that. I've done the prep 3 times over the past 20 years, the last time being 18 months ago. Forcing that nasty liquid down my gullet nearly killed me each time. After my last colonoscopy they said I needn't return for another 10 years and my first thought was not that I must have a healthy colon, it was thank God I don't need to drink that nasty stuff again.
    Mine was SuPrep. 6oz mixed with 10oz water, chased by 32oz water in the following 2 hours. 14h before procedure and then repeat 6h before procedure. Preceded by a full day of clear liquids only.

It wasn't tasty but it was fine. I used Gatorade zero and Fresca immediately after just to eliminate the flavor.

My DH has done the SuPrep and I've always gotten the Golytely (sp?) which is the 4 liter jug of nastiness. Alan, I had the same good results and same reaction as you. Next time, I will insist on the SuPrep protocol.

I am not doing any medical procedures/appointments until this virus is over. I don’t want to be in a medical facility and canceled mine.

Thread Information