Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's the value of being Middle-Class?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I am with you on this. It may take a day or two to get it done but it does get matched and folded. I like being able to reach into my sock drawer and find a pair. A friend solved his problem with pairing socks by buying a large number of exactly the same sock so they always matched; if one got a hole, it was discarded. Funny how we organize the little things in life.
    Yes, this is what I do with socks. They’re all the same.

I am with you on this. It may take a day or two to get it done but it does get matched and folded. I like being able to reach into my sock drawer and find a pair. A friend solved his problem with pairing socks by buying a large number of exactly the same sock so they always matched; if one got a hole, it was discarded. Funny how we organize the little things in life.
    I am quite disorganized and sloppy by nature, but one thing I picked up from Marie Kondo was how to fold underwear and socks, and that's the ONE thing I follow. For some reason having that small drawer under control that way makes me feel good. I actually fold my underwear and socks. It's enables me to feel like I am an organized person, even if my skills are limited to that tiny area.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Underwear and socks need to be folded and matching you heathens)
    I am most definitely with you on this one, TT!

A friend solved his problem with pairing socks by buying a large number of exactly the same sock so they always matched; if one got a hole, it was discarded. Funny how we organize the little things in life.
    When I was working I did the same thing. Bought only the same brand of black gold toe socks for wear on weekdays.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Underwear and socks need to be folded and matching you heathens)
    These days SO does the folding since he wants his shirts folded like in a store. Back when I was single I got around the sock matching thing by having just two kinds of socks. Black and white. I'd just grab two of the same color from the pile on a shelf in the closet.

I used to do this with socks, just buy one type, and then I'd wash them in a net bag to keep them together, but that was when I was doing laundry for five people.

Now, we just take our chances. I also like to match socks as well, although it doesn't always stay tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    These days SO does the folding since he wants his shirts folded like in a store. Back when I was single I got around the sock matching thing by having just two kinds of socks. Black and white. I'd just grab two of the same color from the pile on a shelf in the closet.
    JP1: My DH used to work at Brooks Brothers, and he folds shirts as though we are going to sell them.

Rosa, funny. DH was just in a brooks a few days ago, he had a meeting out of state and forgot his tie.

The sales people all wanted to sell suits or whatever to other people, and ignored him. DH left the tie and got one elsewhere for $30 less.

He has account and has for decades, but he wasn’t dressed up because he had a 6 hour drive to get to his meeting the next morning. They may lose a customer out of it!

NewGig: Their loss for poor customer service!

Thread Information