Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will he win?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Will he win?

Trump, I mean. In 2020. What do you think? At this point I honestly have no idea. There is entirely too much craziness going on in society these days - a Texas A and M shooting today, a Greyhound shooting in California, a virus spreading, need I go on? I'm crazy busy with season, more than a little burnt out, and frustrated with American politics. No longer do I know what to think about Trump's chances. Rob

I think he is a shoe-in to win.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Absolutely. Many people do not like illegal immigrants. They don’t like their kids in school, they don’t like them clogging up the ER’s, having anchor babies.

It was all over in the first first Democratic debate when the moderator said “who supports free medical care for illegal immigrants.” And everyone raised their hands.

And many many many people do not like poor people, food stamps, Medicaid, free school lunch and so on. Hate is a powerful motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Absolutely. Many people do not like illegal immigrants. They don’t like their kids in school, they don’t like them clogging up the ER’s, having anchor babies.

It was all over in the first first Democratic debate when the moderator said “who supports free medical care for illegal immigrants.” And everyone raised their hands.
    people are stupid, it's a public health issue there is all, you can try to block (via employment say) or deport immigrants but not by denying immigrants who are already in the U.S. healthcare is a public health issue. What if an immigrant got the corona virus? Not the only public health issue, what if a homeless person got the corona virus, but ..

And many many many people do not like poor people, food stamps, Medicaid, free school lunch and so on. Hate is a powerful motivator.
    on the other hand more and more people are becoming poor people ... so there is that ... but will they vote?
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say many people don't like an entitlement system designed to keep people poor, fraud and mis-use of food stamps, Medicaid and other entitlement programs and so on. Mis-representing and calling them hateful is indeed a powerful motivator and I think that, more than anything else, will guarantee his win.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

There’s a lot more fraud in other areas than programs that help the poor. Years ago welfare allowed people to stay on it for years. That stopped in the 80’s. The enemy is not people that need social programs. I did see 4 women farmers that were interviewed. 3 were going for a Democrat and one was undecided. They are suffering under trump’s policies. It will be interesting to see how they vote as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Trump, I mean. In 2020. What do you think? At this point I honestly have no idea. There is entirely too much craziness going on in society these days - a Texas A and M shooting today, a Greyhound shooting in California, a virus spreading, need I go on? I'm crazy busy with season, more than a little burnt out, and frustrated with American politics. No longer do I know what to think about Trump's chances. Rob
    If you’re interested in a wager, You can check the current odds of him winning in November at thelines.com. Right now it looks pretty good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If you’re interested in a wager, You can check the current odds of him winning in November at thelines.com. Right now it looks pretty good for him.
    Wow, that's fascinating how his odds *improved* during the impeachment process. 4 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Wow, that's fascinating how his odds *improved* during the impeachment process. 4 more years.
    Rah rah Nancy and crew!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It would be interesting to see what the political tendencies are of the people ‘invested’ there are. If one reads the comment sections of faux news trump is a shoo in for re-election. If one reads other news site commenters he’s crashing and burning. What the gambling odds are is entirely a reflection of who is doing the gambling not a valid predictor of upcoming election results.

Thread Information