Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cohabitation Weight Gain

Spoiled here. I'm on WW and my DH does all the cooking. For a guy who used to be meat-and-potatoes, gravy, bacon and lots of it, he has totally drunk the WW Koolaid. I actually work p/t for them, and get all their wonderful cookbooks 1/2 price. He loves the recipes. They are really good.

I'd be sunk if he wasn't on my side.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

DH eats an already approved WW diet, he just doesn't follow WW. So whatever I cook for a WW meal, he would be fine with. He has good portion control and eats lots of fruit and veg. His main downfall is

1) whole milk. He consumes lots of calories in 1+ gallons a week
    2) sweets and desserts. While much of his desserts are fruit based, they still have lots of sugar.He makes them usually.

Fortunately I can easily avoid the two things above.

If I drank milk, I wouldn't drink less than whole (preferably raw) milk. I generally use half and half or full cream in my coffee or for cooking. Butterfat is my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Spoiled here. I'm on WW and my DH does all the cooking. For a guy who used to be meat-and-potatoes, gravy, bacon and lots of it, he has totally drunk the WW Koolaid. I actually work p/t for them, and get all their wonderful cookbooks 1/2 price. He loves the recipes. They are really good.

would you share a few of your favs?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post

kay, cool about your PT gig.

I like the Weight Watchers program a lot. Here is my worry: all of their recent rebranding (from Weight Watchers to WW, meetings are now workshops, leaders are now ?coaches) is ok with me because it is the same ol same ol, which I like.

But the old WW eating guidelines for daily consumption such as x number of veg servings, x amount of “healthy” oil, x cups of water each day, no more than x servings of carbs and etc. seem to have disappeared. I realize those guidelines changed a lot over the past decades but they reflected more or less what doctors told us to do for a general diet. I now wonder if physicians will be recommending WW.

That’s just my take on it. I do go to weekly “workshops” and emphasis in the past 6 weeks has been all rahrah “you and your mind” which isnt always my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    steamer vegetables- the kind you cook in the microwave in the bag- are easy and fast for dinner or snacks. Of course I use butter and salt
    For what it's worth, I find the recommended cooking times on those bags to be too long. If the bag states to microwave for four minutes, I cook it for 3:15 or 3:30. The veggies come out much more like raw vegetables cooked in a steamer. If they're not to your taste, cook longer. Un-cooking, however ...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I remember the original Weight Watchers, which was a low-carb plan cribbed from some NY hospital. It worked, but was terribly rigid.

I just don't like to live with more rules than I absolutely have to.

Amazingly, I understand not a few doctors are recommending intermittent fasting these days, and even keto. I say go with whatever works for you; you'll be miserable otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    kay, cool about your PT gig.

I like the Weight Watchers program a lot. Here is my worry: all of their recent rebranding (from Weight Watchers to WW, meetings are now workshops, leaders are now ?coaches) is ok with me because it is the same ol same ol, which I like.

But the old WW eating guidelines for daily consumption such as x number of veg servings, x amount of “healthy” oil, x cups of water each day, no more than x servings of carbs and etc. seem to have disappeared. I realize those guidelines changed a lot over the past decades but they reflected more or less what doctors told us to do for a general diet. I now wonder if physicians will be recommending WW.

That’s just my take on it. I do go to weekly “workshops” and emphasis in the past 6 weeks has been all rahrah “you and your mind” which isnt always my cup of tea.
    Yes, it has evolved for sure. Now with 3 ways to live the plan, you can have all the fruits and veggies you want within reason, and you can have oils, just deducting them from your daily points budget. It's all based on science--formula for micronutrients built into the plan, not fad or trend, which I like. The workshop topics kind of come in waves, I think. This week is all about zero-point foods, so the mindset thing is off-topic for now. I like the occasional drift into mind issues, because that's my weakness.

I think they assume people across the board know they should be drinking water, so don't emphasize it like they used to (in the tracker).
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information