Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So noble.....

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Which are “no more”? And I’m not talking about snarky gossip, but practical impact. Have they pulled out of NATO? Abrogated some treaty? Aligned themselves with the Russians or Chinese? I would think so many of them have been so lax in preparing to defend themselves that becoming “allies no more” wouldn’t be a wise option.
    trump is aligning us with Russia and China! And, in the process of alienating the rest of the world.

Russia but not China. He slapped tariffs on China.

Russians are being killed in Ukraine and Syria by people supplied with US weapons. The prior administration got caught on a hot mic promising Putin further “flexibility”. Some of those alienated allies are ever so slowly moving to honor their commitments on seeing to their own defense.

Geopolitics isn’t a high school popularity contest.

He's kicked off his revenge tour by canning Vindman. Reportedly, Barr has quashed eight investigations into Trumps crimes.

If this isn't veering into Fascistic authoritarianism, what is it? It's certainly not normal presidential behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    He's kicked off his revenge tour by canning Vindman.
    I thought he was being reassigned to the Pentagon after publicly announcing his intention to leave his White House post at the end of the month.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I thought he was being reassigned to the Pentagon after publicly announcing his intention to leave his White House post at the end of the month.
    Apparently, he'll be hustled out the door early to puff up Trump's reputation as Capo di Tutti Capos. Maybe he'll lose his pension, too--like that other guy who crossed Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Apparently, he'll be hustled out the door early to puff up Trump's reputation as Capo di Tutti Capos. Maybe he'll lose his pension, too--like that other guy who crossed Trump.
    Lose his pension? From a reassignment? I know Rob loves that sort of thing but it seems to be quite a stretch in the real world.

But, I also understand how media outlets love to mis-report things like this. They've been reporting his firing off and on since November. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/vindman-fired-nsc/
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'm glad Vindman's father's concern was misplaced. I hope the "reassignment" goes smoothly. It concerns me that Trump suddenly has a hand in it--but that's probably--as I said--just floated to make him look omnipotent. Which, unfortunately, he nearly is.

Thread Information