Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So noble.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think her frustration with this horrific regime is palpable. There are some 400 bills languishing on McConnell's desk, including one addressing the cost of prescription drugs. I wouldn't blame her if she unleashed some version of the Red Wedding, personally. (Note: hyperbole, for those with no sense of humor.)
    Based on their performance in the impeachment process, I would doubt Pelosi and her vassals could organize a respectable massacre. On the plus side, it would give her the chance to autograph the dirks and daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    On the plus side, it would give her the chance to autograph the dirks and daggers.
    I thought the symbolism of her previous bullet shaped pens would have triggered an explosive response from her caucus. Guess I was wrong.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And what did the Iowans say to all of this on Monday? Throw the bastards out. Trump, Biden, Nancy—just toss out the old pols.
    Well, in fairness we have yet to hear from all of them. The Iowa Democrats still seem to be struggling with the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I probably wouldn't use the word noble, but it certainly had some entertainment value consistent with T's reality show of self promotion and half truths.
    That is kinda what I think too.Nancy had her own tit for tat show, But “noble” it wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Well, in fairness we have yet to hear from all of them. The Iowa Democrats still seem to be struggling with the math.
    Not enough Yang Gangsters in the group.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    FWIW my family and my neighborhood - based on the calls and vms I've gotten as until April I won't have much time to socialize - agree wuth me and stand behind Pelosi and the Democratic Party. Even my Cousin Astrid in Vienna emailed me regarding her approval of Pelosi's actions. It's all about getting a Democrat in now to right the sinking ship of USA. Rob

That is kinda what I think too.Nancy had her own tit for tat show, But “noble” it wasnt.
    I haven't had time to do the social thing lately but from what I'm hearing via family, vm's, and interaction with staff I've known for years at Food City, the 85006 agrees that Pelosi is honorable and noble. Other areas, I don't know - I'm being neighborhood specific. Rob

No doubt the race to the bottom will continue when Trump gets acquitted.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Aside from the theatrics, Pelosi has been a hero of mine since she took charge of the House. She's an experienced, no-nonsense legislator, who has what it takes. I didn't watch it, but my reading of the transcript indicates Trump was full of lies (and himself) as usual.
    I'd add to all of this that unlike Trump, Pelosi handles herself well and understands the concept of socially acceptable behavior. Rob

I love that, with all the real things going on, people are caught up discussing a lack-of-handshake, and the ripping up of a piece of paper....

Thread Information