Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

I just emailed my client asking to substitute my in-person patient interview with a video interview. He'll agree.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My dil who works remotely just had a trip to LA canceled next week.
    So relieved!

We were assured that 911/dispatch was screening the circumstances of calls so we would know if symptoms were present. Went to a call where Fire and EMT's had already left and Police were waiting for the ME. Asked if symptoms/circumstances were passed on before going in and the officers just shrugged their shoulders saying nobody mentioned. We always take universal precautions but we are also volunteers and should have the option to pass if the first responders aren't confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    We were assured that 911/dispatch was screening the circumstances of calls so we would know if symptoms were present.
    That's what our dispatch is supposed to be doing as well. We've also been instructed to knock and ask from a distance about symptoms in anyone in the household, before barging in.

My wife just texted me and advised that all Ohio public and private K-12 schools will be closed for three weeks beginning Monday. Ohio has 5 confirmed cases with none known in our area.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My dog-walking gig has been suspended for a couple of weeks. SIL will be working from home, and my little buddy won't leave the house with me if she is home. I'm fine with taking a break actually, but DH and DSis both work at hospitals, so there is a valid concern with exposure in their workplaces.

Our St. Patrick's Day luncheon for customers has been cancelled.

OMG, today was insane.

Lloyds of London, the oldest insurance marketplace, has been transacting business in person daily in each underwriting "box" in the "room" at their building for their entire history. The underwriters sit in their box each morning as brokers come around and present that day's risks to them and negotiate policy terms. Those terms get finalized over lunch and then memorialized into policy documents during the afternoon. Tomorrow they are not opening up the room and everyone will have to do their business in the more modern way of using email and phones. As far as I'm aware this has not been done before. Lloyds leadership wants to learn what sort of impact it will have on the business if they have to implement this for any length of time. As an American insurance guy this is the way I've always done business but it will be quite a change for my London colleagues. It will be interesting to hear my coworkers' thoughts on this on our next monthly team call.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Lloyds of London, the oldest insurance marketplace, has been transacting business in person daily in each underwriting "box" in the "room" at their building for their entire history. The underwriters sit in their box each morning as brokers come around and present that day's risks to them and negotiate policy terms. Those terms get finalized over lunch and then memorialized into policy documents during the afternoon. Tomorrow they are not opening up the room and everyone will have to do their business in the more modern way of using email and phones. As far as I'm aware this has not been done before. Lloyds leadership wants to learn what sort of impact it will have on the business if they have to implement this for any length of time. As an American insurance guy this is the way I've always done business but it will be quite a change for my London colleagues. It will be interesting to hear my coworkers' thoughts on this on our next monthly team call.
    Wow. How interesting. Please let us what your London coworkers think of it!

Thread Information