Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

We no longer offer customers coffee. They are supposed to keep out of the back office per corporate but not everyone will and local management will not enforce it.

All face to face classes at the college have been replaced with online delivery. Spring Break is now two weeks so that instructors have a week to convert their classes.
    All the classes at college affected in that I have to change all three class schedules to accommodate the different dates, and the uncertainty of not knowing exactly when we will be back in session. Lots of extra unpaid work.

Tybee, my university has done the same but luckily the only class I teach is a Pearson online class so nothing changed for me.

Fingers crossed for you, Terry--I just got an email from Pearson that their customer support has basically been removed--no more customer support functions as they have been told to work from home-- but hopefully, things will roll along okay in your class. My fingers are crossed for my classes which need Pearson to access their textbook.

I'm sorry your job ended, happystuff. I hope something turns up soon.

DW worked from home today, spending almost all of her time on coronavirus meetings. The building in which she works (and its partner buildings in other parts of the county) have been closed to the public except for the courts. In that building it's possible to go to the court section without meandering through the building or getting on an elevator.

There has been discussion in urban Minnesota of whether some people being held for low-level offenses like marijuana possession or for not coming up with bail might be released from detention to lower the number of people in those facilities. That has nothing to do with DW's job; it simply has come up as one of those "did we have to think about that before?" issues this situation is bringing up.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Luckily Tybee my students have a textbook that’s not online. So far I haven’t needed anything from them. Since my technical skills are limited I hope everything goes smoothly.

Thank you, everyone. It took 6 hours, but I finally got a confirmed registration for unemployment. I let my contact, at the part time job I've been working towards, know that I got laid off and would be available any time for any work. I know they have to wait for my background check to clear, but hopefully it will do that soon. He texted me back that there would definitely be an opening come August, as someone was retiring.

The other reality check for me today was - how many people must be going through the same thing for the unemployment website to have been behaving the way it was! To loose that ultimate sense of "security" from an income-providing job during a pandemic like this!

Prayers to the world.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

So sorry, happystuff.

My daughter works for the school system...out until April 15. She doesn't get paid if she doesn't work - and she was getting lots of overtime. She will be good for a while, as they live within their means with a cushion

Son and wife are a different story, sigh! This will bite them hard!

Governor Newsome just announced that CA schools will likely remain closed for the rest of the school year.

My tutoring gig has ended, now that we have “Shelter in Place” orders. Disappointing, though I totally agree with the action. I really enjoyed working with my homeschooled student. Plus I will miss the extra money.

Thread Information