Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1065

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

So work is definitely being affected by Covid - again! Only had to stand at the table for my hour of early OT and 1/2 hour of regular time today as they called EVERYONE into the break room early on in the shift. It seems they had *just* found out that someone who was in the building on Sunday tested positive for Covid. They shut down our shift, cleared the building and are doing a deep clean tonight. Unpaid, but we have the option of doing extra hours the rest of the week if we want. We came home, stripped at the door (clothes went right into the washer) and showered.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I transferred locations just in time. A coworker at my old site got covid after I left and everyone there had to be tested. This is his second week out of work at home.

He was always hanging around the VFW so I am not surprised. He is in his 60's, overweight and a smoker, so I hope he does okay. Even though he probably brought this on himself, by socializing indoors, and by leading a lifestyle that makes him vulnerable to symptoms, rather than being asymptomatic so he could slide under the radar and not need medical attention/diagnosis, I still wish him well.

He used to cough in the office and not cover his mouth. I think masks are overkill but you should cough into your sleeve or a tissue or something. Fortunately no one else at the office caught it from him. All tested negative.
    I found out today he was a false positive. Everyone was tested, lost a day's work, and the building was deep cleaned for nothing.

I found out today he was a false positive. Everyone was tested, lost a day's work, and the building was deep cleaned for nothing.
    For nothing? How different I imagine your post would be if it turned out to be a true positive. Good for the precautions! Glad no one got sick.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

The store closest to us got hit. We will be extra busy until the store is cleaned. Once it reopens 10% of our staff, as well as folks from other locations, will go there to cover until test results are in and any negative employees can return to work.

One employee was supposedly positive. We'll see if this is another big disruption for a false positive.

We are now locking the office door so customers can't breeze past the employees only sign and come in anyways.

Might have to go back to the office at least some of the work days soon (still would be mostly work from home - the majority of the days). Although ... with cases increasing exponentially as they are here (hitting records), we may hit county-wide stay at home orders real soon. Although technically they always could legally make us come in, we fall under essential.

It's why claims that work from home will last past coronavirus are ever so much ridiculousness. It probably won't even last until we have a vaccine, they've been talking about bringing us back since the pandemic started - but they have been good to us so far. Even if they brought us back it would not be everyone in at a time but staggered days to reduce occupancy. Basically they have taken the health crisis into some account and I do get they are better employers than other offices who haven't. I just wish they weren't always leaving us in suspense, it's been brutal to never know anything more than a week in advance. But whatever at this point covid seems as unavoidable as death itself, I take precautions, but if it really wants to get you it will, you can run but you can't hide, or is it: you can hide but you can't run.

But no, we're not all going to be working from home in the future, neither will we all be working 10 hour weeks in the 21st century, or have flying cars.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

One employee was supposedly positive. We'll see if this is another big disruption for a false positive.
    You would rather a disruption and a true positive?

Our building is now divided into three zones, office, store and warehouse. You are not supposed to go outside your zone but that will not work because we are short staffed and people have to travel to other zones to cover. However I will be able to stay in my zone and other people will bring my work and slide it under a window with a gap on the bottom.

Some employees are supposed to be working from home but they come in anyways because they don't like to work from home. So we will see how much compliance there is with this new system for how long.

I will no longer have access to the filtered water cooler so I will bring extra water from home.

My previous location has been hit hard. 6 out of 40 some employees have tested positive. They are finally letting some people work from home who should have been working remotely throughout the pandemic. I hope I don't get called to go back to help cover in covid city.

My current location is actually taking the virus seriously. The boss bought a second fridge and microwave yesterday to set up a second lunchroom so employees stay in their own zone and do not mingle.

Some of our company stores are now curbside pickup only but the one I am in is still open to customers.

Thread Information