Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1080

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    That’s an interesting way to do it!
    Given reality I thought the social committee did a great job with this. Part of the event was a scavenger hunt. Among the items that we had to find in our house were things like "something that's older than you". I held up for the camera the little wooden rocking chair that was my dad's when he was a kid (and mine when I was a kid). Other people offered up similar items that meant something to them.

Another covid scare at my bfs workplace and the fear is now if a few people there got covid and were out, the whole company might grind to a halt as it is radically understaffed as is (small business), people keep leaving (finding other jobs) and they have not been able to find new employees. Luckily my company is mostly work from home still, for how long who knows, they keep trying to bring us back, but covid keeps surging - record high numbers, so it gets postponed.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

A customer came in today and wanted to pay his bill in cash. I asked if he could pay another way as we are trying to not take cash due to covid. He said no. I indicated he would need to slide his money under my window. It would not fit because it was in thick stacks with paper bands around the bills. He wanted me to open the window. I told him it was locked. He refused to take the paper bands off the bills and divide the stacks of bills into smaller stacks that would fit under the window. It's a large enough gap you can fit a full 9 x 11 envelope under it when the mail comes. It's not like he would have to slide each individual bill through the opening. But he refused and said he will go to a different store of ours to pay and left.

Someone also brought their dog into the store and the dog was not wearing a mask although there have been cases of interspecies transmission.

The coworker who flew to Florida to bring Granny north for the holidays, then flew her back, has been engaging in other risky behavior. He has been dating several women at close quarters not Zoom dates and one of them tested positive. He was able to get a rapid response test and it came back negative. He sits in the same office space (cubicles) as me so this is the closest near miss yet. He sits maybe 20 feet away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Someone also brought their dog into the store and the dog was not wearing a mask although there have been cases of interspecies transmission.
    Why does this post not surprise me? So sorry you had possible exposure from an unmasked dog.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

With covid stats improving we can now travel outside our zone at work. I feel like I have been freed from a cage. I also volunteered to take on a new task that involves going into the store zone since I like learning new things. I do have to wear a mask outside my zone and it caught on my earring and broke but I stapled it together again. Maybe Joe Biden will send me a new one.

My employer is attempting to obtain vaccine doses to be administered to us by the company nurse. I like this idea. When she gives us flu shots we never have any of pocket costs.

A customer was saying today he shouldn't have to wear a mask because he is fully vaccinated, so it is not just me and the Israelis who think this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The coworker who flew to Florida to bring Granny north for the holidays, then flew her back, has been engaging in other risky behavior.
    I'll be very glad when we get back to "risky behavior" being something that only happens when two people take their clothes off!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    I'll be very glad when we get back to "risky behavior" being something that only happens when two people take their clothes off!
    I thought it was what happens when washing raw chicken. Ack salmonella, it's everywhere!!!
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Thread Information