Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

@Yppej, I know multiple people who have done weddings with only immediate LOCAL family - no more than 8 guests. The ceremony was streamed online for everyone else.

Dh is super busy and he has to get up at 4 am since he works in a small lab and they're crowded together so they try to stagger their hours. Three family members work in schools and they're saying that the schools won't open till at least January. And the nurses in my family are all mad at people who won't observe the covid guidelines and common sense practices. Just this morning my niece posted on FB about people throwing parties and how that's a slap in the face to healthcare workers who still have to show up and do their job. She has 3 kids, including a 9-month old, so I'm sure it's pretty scary for her to go to work.
    my angels lucy and riley ~ 💕

Tradd these weddings have around 30 guests and they all use one port a potty, a fancy one that can accommodate bridesmaids in their dresses. There have been at least 3 weddings this summer that employees have attended and 1 where an employee got married.

Our company regularly does customer satisfaction surveys. The big complaint we got this time was that when coronavirus cases were surging we only did curbside pickup and would not let people in the building. One customer said because we would not let him use the bathroom he is now taking his business elsewhere.

I think the temperature checks are over. They weren't enforced, but some of us still went for them. Then the manager went on vacation and no one did them. He's back now but the thermometer needs more batteries and there is no sense of urgency buying replacements - it's been close to a week now.

With the planned gradual reopening of my employer’s offices they were sending everyone sanitizer and masks. Apparently they didn’t differentiate between employees who work from home full time since I got a package of sanitizer and masks today. Not gonna complain since we use a boatload of sanitizer in the car every time we go places.

I am one of 5 people seated in a particular office. We are all spaced out 15 to 20 feet apart. One of the 5 is now quarantining for 2 weeks since he went to a wedding this past weekend and one of the people he was riding around in a car with to/from the event has now tested positive. Fortunately he did not come in yesterday so none of us were exposed to him. But I feel like the virus is coming closer and closer and it is just a matter of time until I get it. Another one of the 5 in my area is going to a big birthday bash this weekend, including having an ice cream truck come in. She did not let this latest news stop her. She doesn't seem to get that asymptomatic people can transmit the virus. She was asking, "Did someone go to the wedding knowing they were sick?"

Sorry Y that you work with complete idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am one of 5 people seated in a particular office. We are all spaced out 15 to 20 feet apart. One of the 5 is now quarantining for 2 weeks since he went to a wedding this past weekend and one of the people he was riding around in a car with to/from the event has now tested positive. Fortunately he did not come in yesterday so none of us were exposed to him. But I feel like the virus is coming closer and closer and it is just a matter of time until I get it. Another one of the 5 in my area is going to a big birthday bash this weekend, including having an ice cream truck come in. She did not let this latest news stop her. She doesn't seem to get that asymptomatic people can transmit the virus. She was asking, "Did someone go to the wedding knowing they were sick?"
    Ugh. Sorry to hear this.

E735B35B-961A-4DB7-A31C-83DED6F45DA0.jpg

Got my work from home desk and chair today. Assembled fairly easily and all set up. Note the sign on desk.

Thread Information