Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 956

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

  1. #841
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    haha! Two comments on that:

    DH keeps the TV on all day, whether he's watching or not. I really like peace and quiet, also. So I'm always muting or turning it off when he's outside. So I get what you're saying about the annoying nature of background drivel.

    Also, similarly, I would like someone to explain to me the attraction of HSN and QVC. I have NEVER understood why people would volunteer for an hour of commercial advertising for crap they don't need. I just don't get it.
    I could have written this post! Exactly.

  2. #842
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16,621
    More on peace and quiet:

    In our Hermann house I envision where DH will watch evening tv. I think we will turn an upstairs bedroom into TeeVee Land. Our friend gifted us a 52” tv which will NOT be living on the first floor of our cottage.

    In Hermann, first floor is entirely my domain for decor. Basement is entirely his domain. Upstairs is negotiable, as is garage space. I am drawing boundaries now, so there are no surprises later.

  3. #843
    Senior Member Tradd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Suburban Midwest
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    More on peace and quiet:

    In our Hermann house I envision where DH will watch evening tv. I think we will turn an upstairs bedroom into TeeVee Land. Our friend gifted us a 52” tv which will NOT be living on the first floor of our cottage.

    In Hermann, first floor is entirely my domain for decor. Basement is entirely his domain. Upstairs is negotiable, as is garage space. I am drawing boundaries now, so there are no surprises later.


    Iris, I always have one of the two local all news/talk AM stations on (both very mainstream). I go to sleep with the radio on. I only turn the TV for the news (WGN) and PBS. That's it.

  4. #844
    Senior Member KayLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SW Washington State
    Posts
    2,060
    I'm so grateful for the good weather now. In the evening, when the remote control clicks between news and Food Network, I am getting a lot of reading in.

  5. #845
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,685
    Include me among those who live with someone who has the tv always on when home. If I didn’t have my own space (our second bedroom and our deck when the weather is warm enough) I would go insane. I don’t need to hear Deep Space Nine, Harry Potter or Below Deck as SO watches them for the 500th time.

  6. #846
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16,621
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Include me among those who live with someone who has the tv always on when home. If I didn’t have my own space (our second bedroom and our deck when the weather is warm enough) I would go insane. I don’t need to hear Deep Space Nine, Harry Potter or Below Deck as SO watches them for the 500th time.
    Do you know how many times I’ve seen/listened to episodes of MASH over my 30 year marriage?

    ugh. Yet DH will watch it for the 36th time.

    in my mind it is slightly better that our tv never goes on uNtil after 5 pm. We are a radio household.

  7. #847
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,709
    I am in the peace and quiet camp and DH loves tv. We have one in the living room and bedroom. After 5 the living room is mine and he must go to the bedroom to watch it. He also watches the same crap over and over. Because of the virus his engineering job never started.

  8. #848
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    If we had to live in the same small space like an RV or a studio apartment I think the tv issue would kill the relationship. So now he has the living room and I can go upstairs or downstairs depending on what i am doing to get away.

  9. #849
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,036
    I can actually go either way; it really depends on my mood and/or what I am doing. Sometimes it's just nice to listen to music while I'm cooking, etc. I confess, when the tv is on, I'm generally "done" and totally engaging in mindless vegging..
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

  10. #850
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16,621
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I can actually go either way; it really depends on my mood and/or what I am doing. Sometimes it's just nice to listen to music while I'm cooking, etc. I confess, when the tv is on, I'm generally "done" and totally engaging in mindless vegging..
    music is different.

    I am talking about static ridden, often political shouting radio shows.

    I have experienced DH working in our basement with one station on, another station blasting from the kitchen, and his clock radio on the 2nd floor yammering.

    the cacophony! Oy Vey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. jp1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •