Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 701

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

  1. #561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,196
    Good luck happystuff. This pandemic is sure teaching us all patience.

  2. #562
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Good luck happystuff. This pandemic is sure teaching us all patience.
    thanks.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

  3. #563
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,480
    Good luck Happy and Tradd.

  4. #564
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16,338
    Yes, good luck to all job seekers!

  5. #565
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,512
    A couple of weeks ago a regional sandwich chain based in the east bay, Specialties, announced that they were shutting down. Their main focus is/was catering corporate lunches and also dine in/take out places in office districts. I can’t even guess how many times I’ve eaten their food since they are/were ubiquitous in the Bay Area, Seattle and Portland. The sandwiches were ok. Not fantastic. And the menu a little tired because it never changed. But MAN the cookies! Greg’s post about his friends’ crumbl cookies franchise reminded me of them. So delicious. And three times the size of a reasonable dessert. I will definitely miss them.

  6. #566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,196
    People are increasingly abandoning their masks. Plexiglass is now in place but only covers a portion of the counter between employees and customers, the portion immediately behind the computer terminal. It's like the supermarket checkout plexiglass. But because it is there most employees are no longer wearing masks and they are not enforcing the rule that customers wear masks. Just as masks became a substitute for social distancing, plexiglass has become a substitute for masks.

  7. #567
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    People are increasingly abandoning their masks. Plexiglass is now in place but only covers a portion of the counter between employees and customers, the portion immediately behind the computer terminal. It's like the supermarket checkout plexiglass. But because it is there most employees are no longer wearing masks and they are not enforcing the rule that customers wear masks. Just as masks became a substitute for social distancing, plexiglass has become a substitute for masks.
    If the movie, "The Graduate" were to be rebooted, Benjamin Braddock's career advice from a neighbor would be "One word - Plexiglass".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #568
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    10,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If the movie, "The Graduate" were to be rebooted, Benjamin Braddock's career advice from a neighbor would be "One word - Plexiglass".
    haha!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  9. #569
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If the movie, "The Graduate" were to be rebooted, Benjamin Braddock's career advice from a neighbor would be "One word - Plexiglass".
    Indeed. Or "riot gates". (admittedly two words...) Every small business in NYC has had them since after the 1977 blackout when there was lots of rioting and looting. It wouldn't surprise me if they become commonplace all over the country once this is all over.

  10. #570
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,196
    A coworker asked one of the managers today why he is not enforcing the mask rule. He said he almost got into two fist fights with customers over masks recently and it is not worth it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •