Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1149

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Of course if those who can work from home at least part of the time do so, those who cant work from home commutes becomes less nighmarish with less cars on the road, plus less pollution. Win-win.

It's why I've never minded much when there were Federal holidays I didn't get, my commute sure was sweet those days.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I work for a Police Department. A lot of non-essential sections like fingerprinting for citizens were closed because of Covid. They recently opened back up a month or so ago. Some sections let their civilian employees work full or part-time from home. Not me! I work in the Property and Evidence Section processing all the incoming crime evidence so I was here every day during the pandemic. We had to wear masks if we went into the common areas like the lobby or main hallways so I was either in my office or took back hallways when I could. They also put plexi-glass up in front of a couple of desks and the place where Officers come to pick up items. We no longer have to wear masks when outside of our offices but the plexi-glass remains but I think it's more because nobody has come to remove them. We only had one employee in our office that wore her mask all day. The rest of us did not. I believe only a few Officers ended up getting Covid when the pandemic started but I don't think any had severe cases. Overall, work was pretty normal for me the entire time.

The popcorn machine is back as people proclaim, "Covid is over". I never hear about anyone testing positive anymore. We are in a good spot where I work (as well as where I live).

Got an email from the City Manager where I work saying masks will be back in City facilities. My boss said we won't have to wear them in the office (never have) but will need to wear them in the lobby. Lucky for me, I travel back hallways all day so I won't have to mask up. I have one co-worker that has been wearing her mask all day every day since Covid began. I can't imagine doing that.

I doubt a mask mandate will happen where I live unless you are unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    I work for a Police Department. A lot of non-essential sections like fingerprinting for citizens were closed because of Covid. They recently opened back up a month or so ago. Some sections let their civilian employees work full or part-time from home. Not me! I work in the Property and Evidence Section processing all the incoming crime evidence so I was here every day during the pandemic. We had to wear masks if we went into the common areas like the lobby or main hallways so I was either in my office or took back hallways when I could. They also put plexi-glass up in front of a couple of desks and the place where Officers come to pick up items. We no longer have to wear masks when outside of our offices but the plexi-glass remains but I think it's more because nobody has come to remove them. We only had one employee in our office that wore her mask all day. The rest of us did not. I believe only a few Officers ended up getting Covid when the pandemic started but I don't think any had severe cases. Overall, work was pretty normal for me the entire time.
    I think the plexiglass barriers are good in general to keep general germs from being spewed onto workers from the general public.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-11-21 at 10:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think the plexiglass barriers are good in general to keep general germs from being spewed onto works from the general public.
    We have bullet proof glass for that.

Here we go again.

I will be receiving online training on our covid safety protocols in the next few weeks.

short form - continued surface disinfection, continued open windows, continued noisy air purifier, 100% masks for everyone in the building - including preschool, physical distancing “as practical” (some of my classes are larger than last year and 6ft isn’t mathematically possible - we will also be allowed “short periods” of masked work with partners or small groups.)

no news on wether or not we will have continued not meeting my new coworkers or continued banning parents from the building and no conferences, but so far open house looks like it is still on.

Today we received instructions from corporate that non vaccinated people are supposed to start wearing masks again. It will be interesting to see if the three unvaccinated people at our location comply.

The last couple weeks have been a madhouse for me. Lots more work as one of our suppliers, cut 30% of their customers so far, due to shortages in help, as well as products. They have issues getting supplies and and then have warehouse and driver issues themselves.
    I took that phone call, about 15 minutes after placing our order for the week. Handed the phone off to the other owner (still awaiting the estate settling before becoming one), and started looking at our backup places. Well, several of our backup places, no longer carry stuff we need (shortages as well). So it has been a mad scramble, finding supplies, dealing with those other businesses, competing for limited stock at other suppliers, etc.
    It looked like I was going to be working the next 40 days straight with only a day "off" for my upcoming Jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Today we received instructions from corporate that non vaccinated people are supposed to start wearing masks again. It will be interesting to see if the three unvaccinated people at our location comply.
    No one is complying. I think they are interpreting that they "should" wear them as a recommendation and that "required", "condition of employment" "must" would be the language needed to ensure the unvaccinated wear them.

Thread Information