Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    In my department, I had the most seniority by 3.5 years. Manager had been there 9 years and supervisor 10. One guy brought over from one of the company’s South African offices last year has been with company for 8 years. Princess had been there about 2.5 years. Manager and supervisor got paid more. Not sure about South Africa guy but he worked on different projects so wasn’t really involved with our stuff.

So yes, they saved money by getting rid of me. They also lost a ton of knowledge. Their loss. I’m glad I’m gone.
    Are you over age 40? Could let have let you go to pay someone else more? If so, age discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was thinking how nice it would be if there were lots more teleworking--nice for the environment, nice for traveling on the roads--imagine no commuting! You would save tons of time, and have more for your loved ones. The advantages seem almost endless to me. I'm sure we'll get there some day; I'd like to think this would speed things up.

I loved working from home. Had some office mates who could not do it... not disciplined enough... and chose to come into the office even though not required to do so. I was afraid they would ruin it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Are you over age 40? Could let have let you go to pay someone else more? If so, age discrimination?

But really this isn’t worth it. I’m glad to be rid of them. They were awful.

Thread Information