Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

I changed my resume around depending on whether the position I was going for was more code-based, more supervisory/managerial, more process-oriented, whatever. However, I was not in the same actual job for almost 15 years; I probably had five different jobs (at the same company) in 15 years (and at least a dozen more at five companies earlier in my career). If previous positions really don't add much to what you offer this position besides inferring that you're an "older" worker, I'd be tempted to minimize them or even omit them.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

The other positions give good background and round out my experience. Most customs brokers ONLY ever do customs-related stuff. I actually was in the industry handling transportation for nearly 20 years before I started doing the customs clearances. That is VERY unusual.

Yppej
    A third employee is back at work after being cleared. Like employee #2 he thought he might have been exposed through a significant other. The first guy thought he might have been infected by a medical provider. I am wondering how many near misses before we get a hit.

The call went well. Yay! The recruiter is setting up a phone interview with company for me. I just have to finish my resume. That's my project for tonight. It's a global trade analyst position. It would be a good fit. The funny part is that this company was a long-time customer of my old company, but I never handled their shipments, and they stopped working with old company about 4 years ago. Commute would only be about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A third employee is back at work after being cleared. Like employee #2 he thought he might have been exposed through a significant other. The first guy thought he might have been infected by a medical provider. I am wondering how many near misses before we get a hit.

Yikes!

Yppej
    Good luck Tradd!

I hope it goes great, Tradd!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Good show!

Global Trade Analyst.

That's legit intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by KnownRogue View Post
    Global Trade Analyst.

That's legit intriguing.
    I'm a licensed customs broker. I'm licensed by Customs, I don't work for them. I've been in international shipping since 1992. I clear imported goods through Customs. Very fascinating work. But I can also do trade compliance for an importer.

That brokers license is very difficult to get. The other folks can tell you what I went through to get it. Took me two tries at the exam and a year of studying.

Thread Information