Page 17 of 123 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Tradd, I am so sorry!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I dive the Great Lakes. Not warm water!
    Got it!

So sorry about that, Tradd.
    I hope that once economy gets better you will find work where you are fully appreciated.

Just got laid off. 13.5 years and buh bye! No severance. Getting paid through the end of the month and the 4 untaken vacation days I had earned so far this year.
    So sorry you got laid off, Tradd. I can totally relate as I was 16 years - no un-used vacation pay, no severance - nada.

May I suggest applying for unemployment as soon as possible? The system is definitely flooded in my area and the online process took about 6 hours of repeated page-refreshing.

Good luck.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tradd, I’ll bet things work out for the best. It seams like you weren’t that happy with your workplace, but sometimes it takes a shove to move on.

Hopefully this will just give you a little break, and you will most likely land a better job.

And what’s wrong with warm water diving? Hopefully, later in the year I’ll at least get to try a little snorkeling for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Tradd, I’ll bet things work out for the best. It seams like you weren’t that happy with your workplace, but sometimes it takes a shove to move on.

Hopefully this will just give you a little break, and you will most likely land a better job.

And what’s wrong with warm water diving? Hopefully, later in the year I’ll at least get to try a little snorkeling for a start.
    I don't like being hot. Never have. And the hot flashes make it even worse. Plus, warm water doesn't have the awesome shipwrecks we have in the Great Lakes. I'm not into diving for pretty fishies and coral! I've dived wooden wrecks that went down in the 1870s and 1880s. Very intact. You don't find those in salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So sorry you got laid off, Tradd. I can totally relate as I was 16 years - no un-used vacation pay, no severance - nada.

May I suggest applying for unemployment as soon as possible? The system is definitely flooded in my area and the online process took about 6 hours of repeated page-refreshing.

Good luck.
    I applied at 2am today. I had tried earlier and the website kept timing out on me.

I don't like being hot. Never have. And the hot flashes make it even worse. Plus, warm water doesn't have the awesome shipwrecks we have in the Great Lakes. I'm not into diving for pretty fishies and coral! I've dived wooden wrecks that went down in the 1870s and 1880s. Very intact. You don't find those in salt water.
    We do have some dive sights nearby that are of wrecks, but I don’t know how old. And I don’t like the cold, but to each his own I guess. I do like the looks of that clear blue water. Visibility is very good.

Tradd, have you seen this reference resource? This is up where we live, so we go to all these beaches but we don't dive like you do but it looks really cool:

http://www.michiganpreserves.org/grandtraverse.htm

Tradd, it looks like everyone on unemployment will get the extra 600/week.

Thread Information