Page 89 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

My employer just sent out a 30 page document on safety protocols and procedures for when the offices start reopening next month.

I was driving down Rt. 89 in VT and watched wistfully as a plane descended on its way to BTV.

Traveling for business seems a distant memory. I don't know when, or if, I will do it again.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I was driving down Rt. 89 in VT and watched wistfully as a plane descended on its way to BTV.

Traveling for business seems a distant memory. I don't know when, or if, I will do it again.
    Are you comfortable conducting your research from home? Do you have to travel for business?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My employer just sent out a 30 page document on safety protocols and procedures for when the offices start reopening next month.
    What sort of things? Anything really weird stick out? I do remember you work from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Are you comfortable conducting your research from home? Do you have to travel for business?
    Oh, no, I'm totally working the same amount from home. I just miss the travel a little. I'm booking exactly at the same rate as previous years. And I do enjoy working from home.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Steve, the disinfectant spray is out of stock here all the time. Doesn’t matter which store I go to.
    Wow. So far into the pandemic, too.

It's spotty here. The local Aldi doesn't look like it even has a shelf facing for it any more. Out "other" market rarely has it and when it does, it's "limit 1". But the one down the street not only has it in two places but it's not some grade-Z brand no one has ever heard of; it's Lysol, and there's no purchase limit posted. Weird. Suppose maybe we should buy another quart of so before cold weather hits...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

What sort of things? Anything really weird stick out? I do remember you work from home.
    Nothing surprising. It just reiterated the previously described rules surrounding the steps to get approved to go back to the offices when they reopen, the changes to the spaces (plexiglass, desks blocked off from being used, everyone's stuff packed up and sent to them at home), new rules surrounding meeting size and break room issues such as formally planned lunchtime staggering, reiterated that no visitors or vendors will be allowed in, precautions being taken (sanitizer stations everywhere, masks and sanitizer sent to everyone at home, additional cleaning frequency and monitoring of soap levels in the restrooms), the daily health screening survey everyone has to do each day they come to the office, and then the second half was appendixes for each location that detailed things like maximum occupancy for each office, how the scheduling of who is to come to the office each day will be handled and staggering of work hours, specific things the various landlords are doing or requiring (such as only 2 people per elevator car in our chicago headquarters office).

Basically it reconfirmed my trust that they care and are taking this very seriously. The global CEO's operations manager obviously put a lot of time into all of it. I doubt I will be working anywhere but my dinning room for the next 9 months to a year, but it's nice knowing that I work for a company where my coworkers will be as safe as is possible in our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Oh, no, I'm totally working the same amount from home. I just miss the travel a little. I'm booking exactly at the same rate as previous years. And I do enjoy working from home.
    That is wonderful!

I agree it is wonderful and that means that you can continue for some years to come which was your goal, I think.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    What is your state's policy about masks? Are they required? I'm in IL. It's rare for them not to be worn. I'm down in southern IN, near Louisville, for training, and I see lots wearing them down here.
    Yes they are required by state law. Today the assistant manager was sitting right next to customers at the counter, neither he nor they wearing masks. He sometimes will ask people to put one on but today he was distracted by a power outage.

Thread Information