Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1227

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Congrats on the new position, Greg. Glad it is working out.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's great, Greg.

Congrats, Greg!

it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Monster.com recently did a survey that found 95% of workers are considering changing jobs, with work from home being an important consideration. Supposedly many have spent their lockdown time contemplating their work and how they envision themselves working in the future. I can certainly understand. I had been working from home prior to covid for the better part of a year and by the time lockdowns started I was already aware that I preferred it to commuting to an office everyday, although I DO enjoy going to outside meetings and conferences from time to time, an aspect of my job that I have missed for the past 17 months. So I can certainly see how others, as they spent more than a year working remotely, might be coming to similar conclusions to mine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/more...=pocket-newtab

So, it's done! Last night was my last at the warehouse! I will not miss the job, but will definitely miss several people. That was the best thing about the place - the people - and I hope they (management/those in charge) start doing a better job for the people that work there. I am heading out to see my mother and will start at the new job in a little over a week. Will post updates, but wanted to thank everyone for the support through all this - Thank you!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So, it's done! Last night was my last at the warehouse! I will not miss the job, but will definitely miss several people. That was the best thing about the place - the people - and I hope they (management/those in charge) start doing a better job for the people that work there. I am heading out to see my mother and will start at the new job in a little over a week. Will post updates, but wanted to thank everyone for the support through all this - Thank you!!!
    Enjoy your time off before the new job starts.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So glad that experience is behind you! Have a great vacation and visit!

Greg and Happystuff--congratulations on your new jobs. So many people have found new, improved employment this year.

I'm with people who would work at home now that it's been proven workable. Between the time sink that is commuting and tedious office politics, there's no comparison in my mind.

The problem is if it's remote work a few days a week, that's great, but then just like any job you still have to consider the commute. But it's just two days you say. Yea noone wants a nightmare commute for two days, and how bad can it get? Very. Maybe better a more doable commute for 5. And then the headache of job searching, and the random grab bag of never knowing what you will get in a new job (oh surprise, surprise, you have the boss from hell, didn't know that when you took the job did ya). I mean the pandemic proved to a lot of people what their employers really were. The music stopped and it was time to see who had a seat, luck of the draw when the draw comes due. Mine were decent. But I've been in touch with a recruiter and I don't even know why. Why am I even looking (yea, yea it's a perfect fit and they contacted me, still).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thanks again to all. Trip was uneventful and visit going well. I can feel myself relaxing.,lol.

On working from home, it's great if you have a job that allows for it let alone an employer who does. Many, many jobs simply aren't able to be done from home.

Thread Information