Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Starting next week, I will be tutoring my homeschooled student on Face Time. And 2 hours a day, Monday-Thursday. So it’s an increase in hours and I’ll make up what I lost this week in 2 weeks. I’m pleased to have the work, and I know he needs the contact. He has very high anxiety anyway, and all this virus stress on top of it isn’t good.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm sorry, Hana. What an extra challenging time to be looking for a job! I admire your self-discipline in sticking with your search efforts and I hope you get results soon!
    If I don't hold on to my routine, I would spend the day on the couch watching cable news. Hoping some HR people are working from home and once everything goes back to normal I'll be the first one in for the in person interview

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    I'll be the first one in for the in person interview
    I wish you the best in your job search, hana. I would, however, consider preparing for a phone or video interview. Just sayin'
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    We are going to make customers stay outside the building and give anything to them through one door but of course there are loopholes. Anyone giving us a cash or credit card payment gets to come in. I just cannot get away from dirty money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    We are going to make customers stay outside the building and give anything to them through one door but of course there are loopholes. Anyone giving us a cash or credit card payment gets to come in. I just cannot get away from dirty money.
    Require them to give CC information when they place the order. this is a ridiculous way to do business right now!

Well, today was my birthday and it sucked even more than two years ago when I was in bed with the shingles actually on my birthday.

10% pay cut. Effective April and they will reassess in June. Everyone in the US, and I'm sure worldwide. Two people were laid off today in the warehouse. They hit corporate (accounting, etc.), as well. The only reason my department didn't get hit is that we were short one person. We had a gal leave in late January. Her replacement was supposed to start the 9th, but she was sick with the flu, and her starting date was changed to the 16th. Then her child's school was cancelled for three weeks, and she had to stay home to watch him. Single parent and no one else to help. But that helped as she would have been let go today.

The IL governor issued a "stay at home" order today, beginning tomorrow at 5pm, through April 7th. However, I'm in transportation, so considered "essential." We all got a letter from HR today to carry with us. We were given the choice to work from home, but with my 13" laptop screen, it would be difficult. I have two large monitors at the office, printer, etc, and so much easier to work from the office. We fall under logistics.

Copy of IL executive order: https://www2.illinois.gov/Documents/...rP2IK6MV2M8e8s

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Require them to give CC information when they place the order. this is a ridiculous way to do business right now!
    Not my call. The controller, who never touches cash, mandates that we take it. There are a variety of reasons customers insist on cash, including that some are tax cheats at a time when everyone should be paying into the social safety net. Others are admitted alimony cheats. They want no paper trail. I suspect some may be in the country illegally.

Work from home starts for real on Monday, hope it all works out, since I've not worked from home at this job or had the option before.
    Trees don't grow on money

I see that a few electric utilities are quietly "sequestering healthy employees", in effect, asking them to live at their job site.

Ugh. I told my husband that the only way this is working for me is that I get to come home, eat, sleep in my own house every night.

Thread Information