Page 91 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Here is how an ER doctor’s work is affected by the coronavirus:

http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.c...er-doctor.html

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The law said, and I say this by heart “ professional, managerial supervisory...”and making at least $35,500.

At my place of work, our non supervisory/non managerial librarians were classified exempt.

But I didn’t do the classifying, Our HR department did it and I was glad for that.
    That doesn't sound right. HR departments are not always correct. There are SPECIFIC professional positions that are exempt.
    https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/fac...s/17a-overtime

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    That doesn't sound right. HR departments are not always correct. There are SPECIFIC professional positions that are exempt.
    https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/fac...s/17a-overtime
    Whether my HR department was right or wrong, it is the entity that determines exempt or nonexempt status for my former employer. Many positions arent crystal clear and I was glad HR was charged with making that determination, not me.

Despite you using capital letters to signify the importance of SPECIFIC positions, there was no specific positions listed in the article you linked, nor did I find them in the article where the link was in bedded.

I’m not sure why you think librarians who have a masters degrees and make $50,000+ a year are not exempt.

As for Tradd, my comment was out of idle curiosity. It sounds to me like the work she did qualified as a professional status as outlineD in the article. But that’s only my casual observation. And, it is entirely possible that her workplace told everyone in a non-supervisor position “No Over-40 work” regardless of any official status. That is the safe route for companies.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-8-20 at 8:44am.

Well, I survived my first week. We had tech issues that are now mostly solved. Totally new systems for me. Boss and I got along very well. He had a heart attack several years ago and is very glad to have help now.

I’ll post about my new very cute doggo coworkers when I get home tomorrow and post photos. They are so much fun!

My work is still going strong thankfully. And so far, still Corona Free - Although things are getting a bit more worrisome. A member of the staff went to PA last week and was around someone that was around someone else that had the corona virus. Our staff member went to get tested yesterday. Awaiting the results. Also a resident was in the hospital a week and a half ago. After she was back with us for 5 days, we were informed by the hospital that a staff member in the hospital has tested positive and the staff member was on the wing where my tenant was... so another longer distance type exposure. Both are staying in quarantine and both are having test. Awaiting the results. In the meantime I am home keeping myself busy making Bath Bombs. I have to go back in today though. We are all keeping our masks on and getting through our days. This is the closest this has come to us and I am hoping the storm just rolls on by.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Tradd, I love that you have doggo coworkers. Can't wait to see the goldendoodle.

Stay safe Connie.

Got home several hours ago. Uneventful 5 hour drive. Got home and got all computer stuff set up. Went very quickly. Boss asked me to set everything up today so any needed files could sync due to my slower AT&T internet. Got the Comcast/Xfinity router/wifi thingy today, but they're going to have to come out. There's an appt for Monday afternoon.

Doggo coworkers!

Thread Information