Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Sounds like things are going well and it WILL all come together. There is ALWAYS a learning curve, but seems like you will flatten this one out quickly.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Having challenges at the new job due to the very different system. I took good notes while training in person last week, but there are SO many moving parts. At old job we had extensive profiles for each customer. Very easy to cover for someone if they’re not in the office. Boss has started customer profiles but not done. He agreed it was long past time for them to be done. I got the “I’ve told you repeatedly” about X this morning. Boss is finally realizing that due to system being SO different I need procedures with screen shots, etc. There’s some bit of software that actually records what you’re doing on computer screen. THAT was enormously helpful.

He was so swamped before I started that there was no time for him to do this stuff before I started.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself 6 months to find your complete confidence in the new position. Think of it as making a list of gently examining the ways and of smoothing the process of work so anyone can take it over with your background. Then you will have made the job your own.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Tradd, I agree with razz.Be kind to yourself during the first few weeks of intense learning. Do whatever it is that calms your mind — take little breaks, take walks, do breathing exercises, or whatever.

Remember that you are skilled at learning new things, pretty intensely, both physical and mental, so you can do this!

A year from now you’ll look back at this and see it as one more large body of knowledge you have conquered. Like major pieces of music you’ve learned. The orthodox church canon of knowledge you mastered. The import/export regulations for your brokers license. And of course, diving material in theory and practice.

You will get there with this new job system.

IL has pretty much summed up the amazing stuff you have accomplished. You have got this!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Tradd, I agree with razz.Be kind to yourself during the first few weeks of intense learning. Do whatever it is that calms your mind — take little breaks, take walks, do breathing exercises, or whatever.

Remember that you are skilled at learning new things, pretty intensely, both physical and mental, so you can do this!

A year from now you’ll look back at this and see it as one more large body of knowledge you have conquered. Like major pieces of music you’ve learned. The orthodox church canon of knowledge you mastered. The import/export regulations for your brokers license. And of course, diving material in theory and practice.

You will get there with this new job system.
    Thank you! When you put it that way...

Yppej
    We had an inspection by the Board of Health and were written up for not following covid guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    We had an inspection by the Board of Health and were written up for not following covid guidelines.
    Wonder what the bosses will say?

It’s about time that awful place you work for has some consequences. Hope that they get a big fine.

Well, well, well...interesting wrinkle with the old company.

My new boss added me as a licensed customs broker on his online account with Customs yesterday. It popped up that I was still shown as the broker qualifying the OLD company's local operating permit from Customs! This is VERY BAD. Companies are supposed to advise Customs within 10 days when an employee leaves, and it's even more important when the broker qualifying the local permit leaves. Per Customs regs, a company has 180 days to get a new qualifying individual broker before their permit is revoked by Customs. That is VERY, VERY BAD. The old office is no longer doing any customs clearances as far as I know. Everything thing is being done by my old counterpart in another Midwest office, who I'm friends with and talk with frequently.

It never occurred to me to contact Customs here myself to let them know I'd left. I talked to the appropriate person today and sent her an email showing a screen shot from my new company's online account with Customs. Old company is likely in some trouble. Heh heh.

Thread Information