Page 82 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

happy, glad you're doing something!

Yppej
    The employee who might have been exposed is back after just a few days. His potential infector tested negative. The employee who was told not to make popcorn for customers is now spending his own money bringing in donuts for them. Lots of unwashed hands in the donut box. Another employee brought in leftover cookies from her weekend social gathering of 35 people. Let's hope the virus really does not spread readily on surfaces. I am not taking any chances and only eat what I bring in my lunchbox.

Temperature checks are back for the few of us who bother to go in for them.

https://apple.news/AtBo1PlG2Q9CieLyZFseA3Q

Interesting info re: the highest risk situations for covid spread

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    https://apple.news/AtBo1PlG2Q9CieLyZFseA3Q

Interesting info re: the highest risk situations for covid spread
    Interesting. I enjoyed this paragraph:

Japan was expected to fail by many, as it implemented an unconventional response, bucking WHO guidelines, eschewing widespread testing, and forcing few formal lockdowns. However, Japan masked up early, focused on super-spreader events (a strategy it calls “cluster busting”), and, crucially, trained its public to focus on avoiding the three C’s—closed spaces, crowded places, and close conversations. In other words, exactly the places where airborne transmission and aerosols could pose a risk. The Japanese were advised not to talk on the subway, where windows were kept open. Oshitani said they also developed guidelines that included the importance of ventilation in many different settings, such as bars, restaurants, and gyms. Six months later, despite having some of the earliest outbreaks, ultradense cities, and one of the oldest populations in the world, Japan has had about 1,000 COVID-19 deaths total—which is how many the United States often has in a single day.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Japan did adopt one very conventional technique though, they did do contract tracing. The U.S. didn't of course, only *started* here AFTER cases were surging AFTER reopening.

I suspect one reason more isn't done about aresols is it costs money. Plain and simple. Hand sanitizer is cheap even if only does so much. As always it costs too much to do the right thing, let's keep doing the wrong thing.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I can't even imagine working in that field right now. I hope your facility and the folks in it are doing ok.
    We have been Virus Free - Thank You Lord - The challenge has been that they could not have visitors, they were missing their family and friends. Since we are independent living they could go out to their families homes and to their friend's houses but we asked them that they tell us where they were going and we always asked them to use social distancing - so in a way they all knew we were concerned and we wanted them to stay safe. Most residents decided to just stay in the facility. Only a couple went out. We kept them occupied with activities and I set up a computer so they could Skype. The care givers still came in and that helped a lot. Along with two children that belong to a worker - She brings them in and the seniors enjoy them. We are now letting friends and family visit - we temp check them as they come in and we have them wear masks during the visit. Doesnt seem like this is ending any time soon.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Japan did adopt one very conventional technique though, they did do contract tracing. The U.S. didn't of course, only *started* here AFTER cases were surging AFTER reopening.
    Vermont has had contact tracing since mid-April. Here is latest data from covidactnow.org

VT covid.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We have had contract tracing here in Northern Michigan since March, since we got our first case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We have had contract tracing here in Northern Michigan since March, since we got our first case.
    why did (?) does the virus rage so strongly there, then?

Contact tracing n the US is only as good as 1. the timeliness of the test results, 2. the cooperation of the people being questioned and 3. the cooperation of contacts. None of the three is very effective in the US. I also question Michigan's success: https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-he...-you-need-know

And this was telling regarding #2 and 3 above in Michigan: https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-he...er-and-silence

Note: I do not think this is any different in any other state. I only looked up info on Michigan.

Thread Information