Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Was talking with the friend who owns the one-man brokerage and wants to hire me. The gal who will be doing business development for him is in the midst of moving. Not sure how that will affect her doing stuff. The NDA I had from the old company is at his attorney to see if can be broken. Friend has suggested that maybe part time wouldn't be a bad idea for a while to get up and running on his system and how he does stuff.

Yppej
    Now customers are saying, "I want to come in the office but I don't feel comfortable wearing a mask." Of course you don't, no one does, they are not designed for comfort. The manager okayed it, no medical reason needed.

Are there Plexiglas screens? There should be.
    I can't believe how cavalier people are with other people's health.

Y, your workplace is absolutely awful! So sorry you are working there.

Yppej
    Jane, there is plexiglass at the checkout counters but not in the office area.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Jane, there is plexiglass at the checkout counters but not in the office area.
    Then your boss should either install it at your desks or keep the customers out of your office. Common sense.

We adjuncts just got an email to prepare to lose all of our classes for next year, fall and winter, due to Coronavirus and its impact on the college, both enrollment and finances.

Wow, that's rough, Tybee. And jeppy, that's awful to have to work in those conditions. Several cities here in Ohio have made masks mandatory in all areas, but no idea how they are going to police it, esp inside a business - that's still tbd.

Yppej
    We have no state enforcement. There are 351 municipalities in charge and they do not have the resources. A few small communities band together to form consolidated boards of health but for the most part a city or town is on its own. Not only is work not enforced neither are some places in my home community. I got gas last night and as per the usual was the only customer of a half dozen wearing a mask. People were not paying at the pump either. The cashiers had up loose plastic sheeting like you put over your windows in the winter to keep the cold out and I was jealous.

Many of our stores and restaurants are posting someone at the door to enforce masks. Of course Walmart isn’t so we aren’t going there.

Thread Information