Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1227

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

of they could offer free beer, probably be just as effective.
    Trees don't grow on money

One imagines the same guy still complaining like a kid "I'm not eating my vegetables for nothing!" And one is like after this many decades noone cares i you eat your vegetables anymore. "Mom always gave me a treat if I ate my broccoli ..."
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A coworker of mine said today he will get a vaccine when the government says vaccinated people don't have to wear masks. He will not do it otherwise because he is not going to "do it for nothing".

Here is one way to address vaccine hesitancy.

The governor of Utah basically said the same thing to Biden.
    If he thinks the only reason to get a vaccine is because of masks then he clearly doesn’t understand the benefit of masks or vaccines.

Personally I am glad I’m fully vaccinated because I was able to drop my car off at my mechanic and take an Uber (for the first time in 14 months) home without fear of getting a deadly illness. I still wore a mask. Uber driver work a mask and face shield and had the windows all the way down per the CDC guidance. Other than wishing I’d worn my winter coat since it was 48 degrees and foggy as we drove across the golden gate bridge, which caused a bit of hypothermia on the ride, it was all good.

Yppej
    Our COO said things are back to normal now. We are following CDC guidelines not the different rules of all the different states we do business in. Summer cookouts for customers begin after Memorial Day. Life is good! 80% of our employees are vaccinated, and this in a very red industry. Most people will do the right thing, you don't need to hold guns - or masks - to their heads.

Yppej
    A customer came in wearing a mask and an employee asked him, "You're not vaccinated?" I was surprised to see peer pressure in play, but maybe it will work with some of the reluctant.

Two more days of school.

Today is the last day that I have online students. 3 divided into two classes.

the LAST day. If students cannot be in my room next year, they cannot be in my classes. If admin decides this is a dealbreaker, I will retire.

Chicken lady, I have heard that from a number of teachers. The worst for them are hybrid classes where they were trying to each both onsite and online students at the same time with extremely limited assistance.

I have been teaching hybrid pottery classes with a part time (1-2 hours a week) aide to help with supply distribution.

Before you can pin a student to look at their work, you have to wash the clay off of your hands.
    there is no sink in my room.

just no.

I have several friends who are teachers and some of the stories they tell... I know it is a unique situation, but so hard on everyone - teachers, students, parents. Kudos for everyone working through it all to the end of this school year.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

CL, I hope things return to normal next school year for you. Also wondering how your home renovation is going? You haven’t mentioned it in a long time.

Thread Information