Page 49 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm curious what your protocol for glove wearing is...
    I wear them handling cash. The rest of the time I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Do you handle plastic? Paper checks? Contracts with them? Do you immediately dispose of the gloves? Wash, sanitize everything? Use pens one time, etc. I think he is asking for more then this.

Do you properly put on a fresh pair before handling each new customer, then properly doff and dispose of them after each customer? Or at least sanitize them between customers?

What is the point of the gloves, precisely? Are you concerned about covid-19 breaking through the skin barrier of your hands?

What are you trying to use the gloves to prevent?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Do you handle plastic? Paper checks? Contracts with them? Do you immediately dispose of the gloves? Wash, sanitize everything? Use pens one time, etc. I think he is asking for more then this.
    I do not handle plastic - customers insert their card in the machine themselves. I am not worried about checks and papers, one time use, but about currency which goes through many hands (and other body parts too - think of strippers), and which is made of cotton and linen so holds viruses for up to 9 days. I was disposing of the gloves after each use until we ran low and the company will not give me more. I keep them in a bag, since I saw on the news medical people doing that when they had to reuse PPE. I do sanitize everything including my hands afterwards. I have separate dirty pens I use when taking cash and clean pens when doing other things.

I do sanitize everything including my hands afterwards.

The gloves don't really add any value for your use-case.

You are better off just sticking with hand washing/sanitizing than fooling with gloves.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Do you properly put on a fresh pair before handling each new customer, then properly doff and dispose of them after each customer? Or at least sanitize them between customers?

What is the point of the gloves, precisely? Are you concerned about covid-19 breaking through the skin barrier of your hands?

What are you trying to use the gloves to prevent?
    I wash my hands and put alcohol based sanitizer on them so frequently that they are cracking and bleeding and especially around my cuticles there are breaks in my skin.

I wash my hands and put alcohol based sanitizer on them so frequently that they are cracking and bleeding and especially around my cuticles there are breaks in my skin.
    No kidding there. I wish I'd thought to buy stock in hand-lotion companies. Ouch ouch ouchie ouch.

Yes. And your healthcare workers use gloves PROPERLY and we live with those hand issues. Using gloves is ridiculous as you describe it. And a total waste of resources and money.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Yes. And your healthcare workers use gloves PROPERLY and we live with those hand issues. Using gloves is ridiculous as you describe it. And a total waste of resources and money.
    The way you see my use of gloves is the way I see other people's use of cloth face coverings.

The way you see my use of gloves is the way I see other people's use of cloth face coverings.
    By all means keep coughing in people’s faces then.

Thread Information