Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Since this thread is about work I just want to say how super incredibly happy I am that I no longer have to manage a group of 25 people in this situation. My head hurts I don’t even know what they’re doing.
    I know what you mean!! That's why I like to be the lackey. YOU talk to people. YOU figure it out. As my son says to me while he lives here during his well-paid furlough, "You tell me what to do and I'll do it." And I'm grateful that my participation at that level still brings some value.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

Covering coughs prevents the spread of large germs. Covid particles are small.
    Feel free to share with us the double blind studies (you always ask that of us) that show that covid virus is smaller than all those other particles.

In the meantime keep coughing on people since you think covid is too small for people to prevent it’s spread via coughing.

Honestly, yppej, you really should just quit while you're behind. We all get it. You have a s***y employer and you're not unreasonably scared that you might catch covid. I hate that you're at risk, just as I hate that so many others are at risk. What tRump is expecting of meat packing plant workers is beyond unconscionable. (of course most of them have brown skin so his supporters probably don't give a crap about them..) And I hate that you and I both live in a s***y third world country where our government couldn't pull it together to keep us safe like south korea and new zealand and australia did because we're a has-been former world power and a country where businesses making a buck takes precedent over people being safe.

But your random unscientific opinions about masks just make you look like an idiot. Yes, some people wear them wrong. Yes, they aren't 100% keeping people safe. And, yes, they help the people around the mask wearer more than the the mask wearer him or herself. But they matter. I'm done arguing with you about this.

I will tell Y what is gross is sneezing twice into my mask with my head in my elbow. Guess what it protected others and that’s all that matters. It’s allergy season.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I will tell Y what is gross is sneezing twice into my mask with my head in my elbow. Guess what it protected others and that’s all that matters. It’s allergy season.
    Yes, gross, and I saw a white mask yesterday taken off while the person was eating lunch, all black and grimy on the sides from wear, and when he was done with lunch he put it back on. Charming isn't it.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Feel free to share with us the double blind studies (you always ask that of us) that show that covid virus is smaller than all those other particles.

In the meantime keep coughing on people since you think covid is too small for people to prevent it’s spread via coughing.
    Double blind studies are done on treatments, with one group receiving the treatment and one the placebo, and neither group nor the experimenters knowing who is in which group. They are not used to define the structure of the virus. Science 101.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    What tRump is expecting....
    I get that you don't like me or Trump, as you have made many negative comments about the both of us, but spelling his name to emphasize Rump is pretty childish, and brings you down to his level.

There are times when it is wisest to step away from conversations. I think this is one of them for all. It has clearly diverted from the original topic of "how is your work being affected".

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    There are times when it is wisest to step away from conversations. I think this is one of them for all. It has clearly diverted from the original topic of "how is your work being affected".
    The white mask black with grime was at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The white mask black with grime was at my job.
    I have some masks that I made and that I purchased a while back. No - they are not top of the line PPE, etc. but they are masks. I am more than happy to send them to you either for your use or for you to pass along to other co-workers in need of clean masks. (The ones I made are washable). Feel free to msg me in my inbox with an address if you are interested.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information