Page 65 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Wacky.

That is simply the law here, and the county health officer will close your business if you don't follow the rules.

What I find wacky is, being in an essential business, if we operate as was allowed during the lockdown, no masks are required. Once you start allowing people in (longer then just picking up stuff), then masks are required.
    Convenience store up the street, is allowed to sell donuts and stuff off those robogrills again, where the utensils are touch by all, yet restaurants are not allowed self serve. Same city, same health department (which hasn't posted info/updates in the same place, twice).
    Bipolar city government?

By the time we get this right, this pandemic will be over.
    We'll be ready for the next one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    By the time we get this right, this pandemic will be over.
    We'll be ready for the next one, though.
    We can only hope!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Convenience store up the street, is allowed to sell donuts and stuff off those robogrills again, where the utensils are touch by all, yet restaurants are not allowed self serve. Same city, same health department (which hasn't posted info/updates in the same place, twice).
    Bipolar city government?
    Indeed that doesn't make sense. Thankfully that's not the case everywhere. In San Francisco self serve can't happen anywhere. SO's hotel is having to rethink the employee break room before they reopen. Pre-covid most food and drink items were self serve. Mid-covid even things like the coffee and soda machines will have to be full serve so that only one staff person is routinely touching them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Indeed that doesn't make sense. Thankfully that's not the case everywhere. In San Francisco self serve can't happen anywhere. SO's hotel is having to rethink the employee break room before they reopen. Pre-covid most food and drink items were self serve. Mid-covid even things like the coffee and soda machines will have to be full serve so that only one staff person is routinely touching them.
    When I've been driving through the Midwest (WI, OH, IL, IN) many of the truck stop self serve coffee/soda areas have been full serve. The Love's chain was the best with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Pre-covid most food and drink items were self serve. Mid-covid even things like the coffee and soda machines will have to be full serve so that only one staff person is routinely touching them.
    The local Pizza Ranch restaurants are promoting that they're open; not a big surprise as their religion calls them to offer their staff and customers to the economic Moloch. But the ads state their buffet is available. No idea how they plan to do that unless someone on staff is doling out the slices of pizza. But then it's not really a "buffet", is it?

Either way, I think my string of <checks watch> forever not visiting a Pizza Ranch will remain intact.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

A buffet does not have to be serve yourself and make a mess. Been on a number of cruises where the food, with minor exceptions, was served by employees behind the row of dishes. Dont mind this too much and since I have experienced it before, it could be done again. It is all the little things like rolls, condiments, sugar packets, etc. that are problematic.

The ONLY reasons to go to a Pizza Ranch that I can think of:
    They are located next to baseball fields and can handle multiple teams (not currently likely).
    Their chicken. (located here, next to three chicken places and one that didn't even make it that was well known elsewhere in the city as good, yet Pizza ranch has better chicken). Never been to one, but I have had their chicken brought to me.

Talked to another family member and according to them, while QT was doing self serve the first day, other places were just taking extra days to begin that. So may not be just the city.
    Still wish the city would post its restrictions in ONLY ONE place though.

A former customer I was friendly with outside the office (phone calls and such) called me last week and told me he had moved his business to another broker. My former company wouldn’t come right out and tell him that they could handle his complicated customs clearances without me doing them.

Can’t remember if I posted this earlier, but I found out two weeks ago that my former supervisor left within the past couple of weeks and went to another forwarder. She was really close to the idiot manager and I’m surprised she up and left.

@Tradd: I guess the manager was not allowed to hire replacement for you and supervisor found that she cannot handle your part of the business herself.
    So she was clever enough to leave quickly before getting fired for mistakes.

Do you know the new broker of the former customer? That's where I would apply for a job immediately. And use customer as reference person.
    Good luck for your job hunt!

Thread Information