Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Kay, that sounds so stressful. Please take care of yourself.

Had a steady stream of job interviews and even made the final cut on one, but no job offer so far. Now it's nothing since Monday. Emailed my job coach asking for advice. no response so far. Going to work on my resume and make it clear I'm happy to interview and work remotely. I'm narrowing my search for remote positions for now.

I understand the circumstances, it's just frustrating.

The courthouse is closed to the public which means we have more phone calls and mail out more info.
    People who are late on taxes have to mail them in.
    We are seeing restaurants and fast food going to takeout and drive thru.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Had a steady stream of job interviews and even made the final cut on one, but no job offer so far. Now it's nothing since Monday. Emailed my job coach asking for advice. no response so far. Going to work on my resume and make it clear I'm happy to interview and work remotely. I'm narrowing my search for remote positions for now.

I understand the circumstances, it's just frustrating.
    I'm sorry, Hana. What an extra challenging time to be looking for a job! I admire your self-discipline in sticking with your search efforts and I hope you get results soon!

Yppej
    We are caretaking a building we previously owned and forgot to move a hand sanitizer and its refills. So we took it now but when he went by the new owner complained the sale included the building contents and we had to take it back.

possibly going to work from home at our office. with the speed at which things are progressing if I say I'm out of a job next week it wouldn't surprise me, and at this point maybe I'd just lay around for year. Haha, crazy, since I pushed like heck to find work and then full time work, but I give up you know, I just give up. (My heart goes out to contractors now - it must be harrowing - it was for me when I had weird health symptoms and was a contractor, that were probably just due to toxic waste at that superfund site, and regardless certainly weren't killing me!)

But obviously that isn't the immediate plan as we're work from home. The industry, it is NOT one that is likely to go out of business now.
    Trees don't grow on money

So many people don’t have a backstop. My sister is in the end stages of a gut bathroom redo. At this point all that’s left to do is tiling and install the fixtures. But the tile store is closed. And they aren’t sure they want the tile guy in their house every day for the next week. Maybe I’m a stupid softee but I encouraged her to do the tile work if they can get the tiles from the store since the tile guy will not likely have any work after this and could probably use the money.

We are also in the middle of a bathroom remodel. The store rushed all the supplies to our house and dumped them. The tile guy came at the same time as the painter (to do priming). They coordinated since both could not work at the same time. Weather is the only thing keeping them all rushing to complete the work. Got tile, paint, plumber, misc. Bet they have it done in less than 2 weeks. We stay away from them at least 6 feet and if any were coughing we would ask them to leave. But so far it is ok. (and I want the bathroom done.)

Californians ordered to stay home, plus local work at home laws passed as of yesterday kind of requiring work from home, but work does not have the capacity for that yet. So off to work I must go. I will bring my laptop so they can fix it up eventually for remote work (yes it is bring your own personal laptop. If I thought I'd be working off it for a job I would have bought a fancier one, it was just intended as a spare for personal use for which none of that is critical - note to self: don't be a cheapskate in the future).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Californians ordered to stay home, plus local work at home laws passed as of yesterday kind of requiring work from home, but work does not have the capacity for that yet. So off to work I must go. I will bring my laptop so they can fix it up eventually for remote work (yes it is bring your own personal laptop. If I thought I'd be working off it for a job I would have bought a fancier one, it was just intended as a spare for personal use for which none of that is critical - note to self: don't be a cheapskate in the future).
    I had to do that with my personal laptop - a MacBook Air. They had to tweak a bit to get software to work as it’s meant for Windows machines.

Thread Information