Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    Despite the hiring freeze management positions are still being advertised. A nonmanagerial position was not posted internally but someone was secretly hired. He came to our site to train despite a ban on travel between locations. Someone from a third location also came by looking for a part he did not want to wait to have trucked to him the next day.

Someone came into the employees only area and I spoke to him nicely about it. Everyone including the office manager said I handled it well and he had a lot of nerve and was rude to me. The other day he called in about something else and during the conversation complained to the office manager and she groveled before him.

Bottom line rules are made to be broken, don't even try for safety. Another example of this is all the returns we took when supposedly we weren't accepting returns.

Yppej, I am really sorry you are dealing with this at work--it sounds so stressful.

Good luck, Tradd!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I've worked at companies with horrible employee relations and even horrible customer relations, but I have to say, Yppej, the company at which you work takes the prize. It just makes doing a decent job that much harder. My sympathy.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej, I think your management might even be worse than that at my previous job! So sorry you're going through this.

Yppej
    Thanks for sympathy folks. No layoffs today but the annual pay increase freeze is being extended.

Yppej
    A customer called my supervisor to complain that I wear gloves when taking cash payments. He said I was implying he was dirty. She actually defended me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A customer called my supervisor to complain that I wear gloves when taking cash payments. He said I was implying he was dirty. She actually defended me this time.
    Wow.

Idiot customer.

Contacted company I interviewed with last Tuesday for follow up. HR woman who interviewed me said that she was still waiting to hear from the hiring manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I'm curious what your protocol for glove wearing is...

Thread Information