Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I was worried I might offend some folks when I posted. Thanks for the laugh!
    I think we're a pretty tough audience to gross out.
    That said, I practically gnawed off my typing fingers trying not to respond to the original "fluffer" post.

I’m very difficult to offend!

Not easily offended)

Yppej
    That's a new term for me too. If the male is wedged between two females would that be a fluffernutter sandwich?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If the male is wedged between two females would that be a fluffernutter sandwich?
    Whenever that happens to me my wife calls it wishful thinking.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yesterday went really well. By the afternoon, I was actually processing customs clearances and getting stuff done. Got through of lot of files yesterday. We were lucky that a lot of email didn't come through yesterday, so that helped us get caught up. A lot of it is just getting used to the new system. You had to use your mouse to move between data fields in the software I worked on at the old company. New job - you tab between fields. In this industry, there are lots of "exceptions," so a lot of stuff is learning to deal with them in the system.

I'm working at a computer remotely connected to boss' computer (side by side) - he can see what I'm doing while he's setting up my new laptop.

Yppej
    We put up a freestanding signboard close to eye level right inside the entrance about masks and now probably 55% of customers wear them, 40% have them on but dangling around their neck not covering their face or covering their mouth only not their nose, and 5% still have no mask. About half the employees are ignoring policy and still not wearing masks. The general manager brought one customer into the office to look for company T shirts who was not wearing a mask and never said anything to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    We put up a freestanding signboard close to eye level right inside the entrance about masks and now probably 55% of customers wear them, 40% have them on but dangling around their neck not covering their face or covering their mouth only not their nose, and 5% still have no mask. About half the employees are ignoring policy and still not wearing masks. The general manager brought one customer into the office to look for company T shirts who was not wearing a mask and never said anything to him.
    What is your state's policy about masks? Are they required? I'm in IL. It's rare for them not to be worn. I'm down in southern IN, near Louisville, for training, and I see lots wearing them down here.

We had stopped shopping at the grocery store down the street because we had observed (and our neighbors and the local news confirmed) that mask-wearing was cavalier despite a city ordinance to wear them. But yesterday I needed some items for the lasagna, so I didn't make the longer trip to our regular market. By the time you walk through both sets of entry doors, there are 15 signs (mostly flyers but still) notifying those entering that a mask is required, both by the store and by the city. 15. You cannot miss them. And every customer and staff person I saw (save one back-of-house guy who was wearing his like a poor Speedo) was wearing a mask properly. Obviously someone official leaned on them hard.

They also have good quantities of toilet paper, paper towels, and disinfectant spray; items our "new regular" store seems to have trouble keeping in stock. Nice to see some true believer get some things done.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Steve, the disinfectant spray is out of stock here all the time. Doesn’t matter which store I go to.

Thread Information