Page 110 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1227

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    Not really GP. A person could be tested 3 days before their flight home and be negative, then contract the virus 2 days before their flight home.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Not really GP. A person could be tested 3 days before their flight home and be negative, then contract the virus 2 days before their flight home.
    True, but I'd be a lot more worried about the people driving up I-95 from New York City looking for a safe place to hide from the virus.

Yppej
    After being told our company of public facing essential workers would get the vaccine, the governor has now withdrawn the promised supply. But hey, health care bureaucrats who work 100% remotely have had it for months now. Priorities, right?

Yppej
    In the latest idiocy, a different coworker is out because a relative of his had a positive test. He went for a covid test and it came back negative. The town then told him he must get a second negative test before returning to work. That is scheduled, but here is the real ridiculousness - they told him he is not allowed outside of his house even to work in his yard. He lives in a single family home - it is not a shared yard space like in a public housing project.

When will the infringement on people's civil liberties stop?

Banned
    I working on a software engineer position in https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development. We work nonstop during quarantine. If you want a web development company that can meet all your web application needs, you have to be careful about what you are hiring. A web development company is doing the best it can to figure out your audience's current needs and wants to meet them on their existing web products and services.
    Last edited by linacapeola; 3-31-21 at 2:21am.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by linacapeola View Post
    I working on a software engineer position. We work nonstop during quarantine. If you want a web development company that can meet all your web application needs, you have to be careful about what you are hiring. A web development company is doing the best it can to figure out your audience's current needs and wants to meet them on their existing web products and services.
    How is this special? Anyone in your industry can work remotely. Spam!

Got an email from work today that there was another positive COVID case that apparently was in the warehouse this past Saturday, when a lot of employees were in fulfilling their mandatory OT (I was not as I worked last Saturday). Will be interesting to see if there are any additional follow-up cases. I hope not!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    We received guidance Friday that once state mandates are lifted employees in any location where 75% of employees are vaccinated will not have to wear masks. But already about half the employees at my site have stopped wearing them altogether and the boss is not enforcing it. After he got his shots one employee said, "Covid is over."

Yppej
    I put my "I'm vaccinated" sticker on my sliding glass window at work so hopefully any customers who come up feel more comfortable.

Of our 10 employees 6 are fully vaccinated, 2 of us are half vaccinated, 1 doesn't want the vaccine and compares injecting something into your body to shooting heroin, and there is one whose vaccine status I do not know. He is related to the anti-vaxxer and may share his views. We plan to hire another employee who will be coming from a job where he is mandated to take the flu shot and likely he has received the covid vaccine also.

Yppej
    A coworker of mine said today he will get a vaccine when the government says vaccinated people don't have to wear masks. He will not do it otherwise because he is not going to "do it for nothing".

Here is one way to address vaccine hesitancy.

The governor of Utah basically said the same thing to Biden.

Thread Information