Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    Most jobs are never advertised. It sounds like you might get one like that. Good luck and keep networking.

That sounds good Tradd. No office drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That sounds good Tradd. No office drama.
    Exactly! When I told B I'm a "leave me alone with my work and the radio" type, he said he's exactly the same type.

That's really exciting, Tradd! I hope it works out.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

That does sound like a nice working situation, Tradd. Good luck!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    The last of the furloughed employees who wanted to return has done so. We exceeded our revenue goal for June thanks to pent up demand and we got our Independence Day holiday back. The next step would be to put the postponed annual pay increases into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The last of the furloughed employees who wanted to return has done so. We exceeded our revenue goal for June thanks to pent up demand and we got our Independence Day holiday back. The next step would be to put the postponed annual pay increases into effect.
    Glad you got your holiday back!

Most jobs are never advertised. It sounds like you might get one like that. Good luck and keep networking.
    This has been true for my current and last job. For the last one an industry friend told me that the SF office needed someone but it wasn’t posted yet and for this job my current boss asked relevant people in our industry if they knew anyone that they would suggest he reach out to. And for the current job my then future boss actually reached out to someone for a recommendation For another person and that person said ‘X would be solid but if you want a rockstar you should hire JP.’ Since boss had liked both me and X two days later boss called to make me an offer.

Yppej
    Without checking with anyone one of the employees decided to resume making popcorn for customers to eat. He turned on the machine, no sanitizing first. People come in, don't wash or sanitize their hands, touch the scoop everyone else with dirty hands touches, scoop popcorn in a bag, then with those same germy hands grab handfuls of popcorn out of the bag and put them in their mouths.

Other employees complained and management said no popcorn yet but let what was left in the machine stayed there and people kept eating it "since it was already made".

The popcorn guy also coughs on his hands, does not clean them, then touches paperwork others handle and parts customers buy. I have observed the dirty cough on numerous occasions.

I think it is inevitable we all get exposed to covid eventually. People are just dirty, and I'm not talking about those of us capable of coughing into our sleeves or a tissue instead of a mask. To me that is not a sanitary issue. I'm talking basic first grade level of hygiene. Herd immunity here we come.

Without checking with anyone one of the employees decided to resume making popcorn for customers to eat. He turned on the machine, no sanitizing first. People come in, don't wash or sanitize their hands, touch the scoop everyone else with dirty hands touches, scoop popcorn in a bag, then with those same germy hands grab handfuls of popcorn out of the bag and put them in their mouths.

Other employees complained and management said no popcorn yet but let what was left in the machine stayed there and people kept eating it "since it was already made".

The popcorn guy also coughs on his hands, does not clean them, then touches paperwork others handle and parts customers buy. I have observed the dirty cough on numerous occasions.

I think it is inevitable we all get exposed to covid eventually. People are just dirty, and I'm not talking about those of us capable of coughing into our sleeves or a tissue instead of a mask. To me that is not a sanitary issue. I'm talking basic first grade level of hygiene. Herd immunity here we come.
    What a bunch of effing morons you work with. It's no wonder you have such a bad attitude about masks.

Thread Information